Drift tyre wear

Tony

Mat posted an excellent example of tyre wear on his Drift car....

post-2-1152432783_thumb.jpg

So i have stolen the image to ask you this question....

During the transition of weight transfer with the car Drifting the direction of traction is longitudinally lateral in a descending arc as the Drift dissipates so.....

Knowing this how can you tell from the patten of wear displayed the Geometry positions could be improved upon?

fronts last along time, as the wheels are generally, travelling in the same direction of the car.

personally i think its better to run less -ve camber on the rear to prevent the condition above, unfortunatly i cant recover much more camber at the moment

fronts last along time, as the wheels are generally, travelling in the same direction of the car.

personally i think its better to run less -ve camber on the rear to prevent the condition above, unfortunately i cant recover much more camber at the moment

Nail and head comes to mind mat..... the wear ever extreme has to band to narrow.. camber is digging the car in as i am sure you are well aware... team wim Analise the area of wear, then consider how the car would react if the camber were reduced.

personally i think its better to run less -ve camber on the rear to prevent the condition above, unfortunately i cant recover much more camber at the moment

team wim Analise the area of wear, then consider how the car would react if the camber were reduced.

Keep thinking!

team wim Analise the area of wear, then consider how the car would react if the camber were reduced.

Keep thinking!

Have you 'Thunked' enougth yet...... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Keep thinking!

Have you 'Thunked' enough yet...... :(

'Loose' ....... It would become less planted at the rear, reducing the camber related wear, but if carefully manipulated still retain the grip required to generate/maintain the Drift........ As little as +30' off the rear camber could drastically add to the continuation by reducing camber conical then lateral drag, and still not interfere with the power application for Drift evolution.....

'Loose' ....... It would become less planted at the rear, reducing the camber related wear, but if carefully manipulated still retain the grip required to generate/maintain the Drift........ As little as +30' off the rear camber could drastically add to the continuation by reducing camber conical then lateral drag, and still not interfere with the power application for Drift evolution.....

mmmm interesting :)

I think I maybe starting to understand this geometry stuff :)

Will be interesting to put your theory into practice Tony :P

mmmm interesting :)

I think I maybe starting to understand this geometry stuff :)

Will be interesting to put your theory into practice Tony :)

Oh yes :P Theory means nothing unless proven..... like the IS200 problem. In addition the driver may well like the current positions for whatever reason, at the end of the day the 'driver' decides the best set-up, then we manufacture his desires (fine-tuning)

Something i once read about theory was, 'Anyone can read a book on how to fly a plane, but how many passengers would get on the first flight' .......Interesting :)

Oh yes :) Theory means nothing unless proven..... like the IS200 problem. In addition the driver may well like the current positions for whatever reason, at the end of the day the 'driver' decides the best set-up, then we manufacture his desires (fine-tuning)

Something i once read about theory was, 'Anyone can read a book on how to fly a plane, but how many passengers would get on the first flight' .......Interesting :P

Good point....

Want a ballerinaguineapig.jpg

Oh yes :) Theory means nothing unless proven..... like the IS200 problem. In addition the driver may well like the current positions for whatever reason, at the end of the day the 'driver' decides the best set-up, then we manufacture his desires (fine-tuning)

Something i once read about theory was, 'Anyone can read a book on how to fly a plane, but how many passengers would get on the first flight' .......Interesting :)

Good point....

How aerodynamic are they :P

Oh yes :D Theory means nothing unless proven..... like the IS200 problem. In addition the driver may well like the current positions for whatever reason, at the end of the day the 'driver' decides the best set-up, then we manufacture his desires (fine-tuning)

Something i once read about theory was, 'Anyone can read a book on how to fly a plane, but how many passengers would get on the first flight' .......Interesting :D

Good point....

How aerodynamic are they :D

Pretty good, small head bigger botty.....although the only trouble I have found is the annoying squeaking when they go through the air :D

Oh yes :D Theory means nothing unless proven..... like the IS200 problem. In addition the driver may well like the current positions for whatever reason, at the end of the day the 'driver' decides the best set-up, then we manufacture his desires (fine-tuning)

Something i once read about theory was, 'Anyone can read a book on how to fly a plane, but how many passengers would get on the first flight' .......Interesting :D

Good point....

How aerodynamic are they :D

Pretty good, small head bigger botty.....although the only trouble I have found is the annoying squeaking when they go through the air :D

Got one today.... thought i would give it a try.... seemingly he knew of me?

post-2-1154030745_thumb.jpg

Pets they don't know their born nowadays.......airborne