Changing shocks and springs, same ride height - geometry calibration essential?

Andrew

Tony set the geometry on my Mk1 MX-5 BBR Turbo about 2,000 miles ago and the car felt fantastic - thanks Tony!

But I'm regretting my choice of shocks prior to the geometry setup, they don't have very good rebound damping characteristics which makes the car feel a bit shakey and unsure over rough roads. I've sourced a set of Gaz shocks and springs which are supposed to be much better than the parts I've currently got fitted. The Gaz shocks have adjustable spring perches so I can set the ride height to match the ride height I've got on my old shocks and springs. If I do this and take particular care to make sure the ride height doesn't change, will I need the geometry to be set again?

Thanks for the prompt reply Tony!

It's no bother really - I've put my name down for one of the MX-5 'club geometry days' arranged by my favourite MX-5 forum (MX5Nutz) and I'll change the shocks and springs over the day before. The only bummer is having to wait until May (the sessions in Feb and March are already full). This way I can raise the ride height a few millimeters and have an easier time over speed bumps.