The Hornet getting some new coil-overs

Tony

We sponsor the chassis for Planet5's team car, which is a great idea since this allows all club members to drive the specific track car..

Problem i had was the OEM suspension..... it was knackered!! So i poked GAZ suspension in the eye who then kindly supplied a new coil-over kit with our custom coils :)

So out with the old

post-2-1225625972.jpg

post-2-1225626029.jpg

In with the new

post-2-1225626091.jpg

post-2-1225626126.jpg

Once done i set the chassis near to a full track set-up and the car was transformed.

post-2-1225626537.jpg

In truth we don't normally give away free coilovers or offer free fitting and calibration but i did agree to sponsor the team car, if we were to continue with our name on the car then the suspension had to be bought up to code.

So i was, the wim way :)

• 3 weeks later...

The Hornet ( the Planet track car)went to Abingdon Airfield on Saturday for it's first outing, in anger,since the fitting of the Absolutely Shocks GAZ shocks and the WIM Fast road/track alignment. Abingdon, as an airfield course is flat but has some fast corners and nice chicanes.

We have also changed the exhaust from the cat back and fitted a cat bypass.

Well, where do we start, we upped the shocks settings by 5 clicks front and back after we had all been on track to compare before and after, but to be honest we were having too much fun to analise the differences. Having said that, we all agreed the car was well balanced and that any shock

adjustments would be done equally front to rear.

It wasn't until arriving home that I realised the car was far flatter on corners, previously I had to hang onto the steering wheel and lean into the corner so bad was the roll on cornering. I'll try and get some photo's off the video to show before and after comparisons.

Changing the exhaust has freed some power in the mid range, previously it was asthmatic in the mid range but has now improved.

Anyway, next stop Brands with Tony. Hopefully get more technical feedback on the setup then.

h

Excellent... Funnily enough i was talking to Derick from Absolutely Shocks tonight and he asked how you got on :whistle: ...... Any pics would be welcomed for here and the webby, also any with the GAZ decal would be nice.

We have some photo's of the Hornet with the GAZ stickery, (2 decals on the rear, couldn't make our mind up where to fit on the front, decisions, decisions!). I have asked for them to be burnt to CD and I will get them to you.

I have previously sent an e-mail to Derick, but not had a reply so was going to talk to you.

Lazza will also be doing a write up of Abingdon when work allows!

h

Excellent... Funnily enough i was talking to Derick from Absolutely Shocks tonight and he asked how you got on :whistle: ...... Any pics would be welcomed for here and the webby, also any with the GAZ decal would be nice.

We have some photo's of the Hornet with the GAZ stickery, (2 decals on the rear, couldn't make our mind up where to fit on the front, decisions, decisions!). I have asked for them to be burnt to CD and I will get them to you.

I have previously sent an e-mail to Derick, but not had a reply so was going to talk to you.

Lazza will also be doing a write up of Abingdon when work allows!

h

Nice one, i look forward to that ;)