23rd August @ Llandow was the final of the British Drift Championship

chunk2.jpg

chunk1.jpg

24th August @ Llandow was the British Drift Open

bdcfinal4a.jpg

bdcfinal3a.jpg

bdcfinal2a.jpg

bdcfinal1a.jpg

the car broke one of the diff output shafts on the sunday.....which made the car 1 wheel drive :)

Excellent to see the Monster in action...... I'm kicking myself for not being there.

Studying this image

post-2-1219658935.jpg

Despite the mass moment of inertia the inner wheels castor sweep is still evident (look at the angle of the spoiler) to me although i'm not the driver i feel any issues are the rear being to tight, not front roll stiffness or lock angles.

the issue with lock angle was brought to the fore, in that the car wanted to atain more angle, but lock was cut short by the stops, meaning at lock point the rear was trying to overtake the front, meaning, backing of on power to bring the car back within steering angle.

regards the front being to soft, this is the feedback from Rich, and his spotters in the crowd, i have a stiffer Cusco anti roll bar we can try on the front, before looking at upping the Kg/mm of the front springs

i will get Rich to do a detailed write up ....and his feedback

studying the pics.......

i see what your saying about saturation, the problem we have is it is a static image, the weight transfer is what was mostly commented on by Rich, and that is where he says the car feels soft on the front, maybe the progressive nature of the spring is fine, under constant load, but not on the transition and sudden load, unload.

a higher kg/mm progressive spring should solve the issue

I look forward to Rich's comments...... I only hope we don't touch rotational dynamics because i don't feel qualified, polar and mass moments of inertia i'm good, after that it's "suck it and see"...... Still we all have to learn.

the issue with lock angle was brought to the fore, in that the car wanted to atain more angle, but lock was cut short by the stops, meaning at lock point the rear was trying to overtake the front, meaning, backing of on power to bring the car back within steering angle.

regards the front being to soft, this is the feedback from Rich, and his spotters in the crowd, i have a stiffer Cusco anti roll bar we can try on the front, before looking at upping the Kg/mm of the front springs

i will get Rich to do a detailed write up ....and his feedback

studying the pics.......

i see what your saying about saturation, the problem we have is it is a static image, the weight transfer is what was mostly commented on by Rich, and that is where he says the car feels soft on the front, maybe the progressive nature of the spring is fine, under constant load, but not on the transition and sudden load, unload.

a higher kg/mm progressive spring should solve the issue

You need those C-One quick steering knuckle thingtmagigs.............. :)

Hi folks,

Tony, i'll give you a call at some point tomorrow to let you know feedback, i'm still absolutely shattered form the weekend.

Mat, once again, massive thanks to you for allowing me to use the Lexus, i'll call you tomorrow evening after we've inspected the diff.

Cheers both

Rich

tony if you look at Phil Morrisons car here you can see it is much flatter on the transition

ESC_0154_copy.sized.jpg

Not a lot between the two though is there

post-2-1219739023.jpg

And they are both in transition.

Point we were discussing was the lock angles, can we clarify what is meant by "lock angles"? are we talking lock limits or Acherman angles (see image)

post-2-1219739364.jpg

All domestic cars run a negative Acherman, the research i was doing on your car was to convert this to positive.... My stumbling block is the calipers and the fact that converting them would be costly, ever more so since my aim is a theoretical gain during initiation.

yes lock limits.

greater the wheels can turn before hitting the steering locks, means the greater the angle, and less chance of spinning

I just spoke to Rich "he's as sharp as a pin isn't he!" conclusion is.....

1: ARB's = good

2: Geo = good

3: Coil ratio = pants

4: Lock angle = pants

5: Ackermann = ?

The only tools available i:e current suspension all i can work on is the lock angle, positive Ackermann is out of reach for the IS and the coil ratio is up to you.

Personally i would explore the lock angle then if unsussesful work the coil ratio?

yes lock limits.

greater the wheels can turn before hitting the steering locks, means the greater the angle, and less chance of spinning

I just spoke to Rich "he's as sharp as a pin isn't he!" conclusion is.....

1: ARB's = good

2: Geo = good

3: Coil ratio = pants

4: Lock angle = pants

5: Ackermann = ?

The only tools available i:e current suspension all i can work on is the lock angle, positive Ackermann is out of reach for the IS and the coil ratio is up to you.

Personally i would explore the lock angle then if unsussesful work the coil ratio?

coil ratio i can sort, just need to find, coil unsprung length, compressed length(what it is currently compressed at) coil I/D, coil O/D and Kg/mm

All looks good there matt nice to see her out being given a work out.

Where did you get that front bumper from, is it japspeed ? (guess from that massive front sticker LoL) Looks like its got nice big holes for me to take cooling ducts of to my brakes and various coolers ;)

its been ..."enhanced" and "stressed" and colour thingy majiged in photoshop, i have a much bigger version if you would like a copy tony...maybe for making into a poster

Any hi-ress action shots would be welcomed.... As you know i put them up in the centre.