New tyres for my Lex.. some Q's

jiberjaber

Well I managed to make good time back from Birmingham via the M40 in the rain and called in to Tony's.

After a bit of leavering around at various bush's etc, the lads swapped the wheels over from front to back and re-checked all the pressures etc.

I have driven home tonight and the car is like of old!

I havent had chance to fling in round any corners as such, but it easily went "fast" without getting floaty which was what was happening with the Eagles on the rear.

The road noise is quieter as well which is a bonus :rolleyes:

Cheers chaps!

Hey good news jiberjaber so it was better swaping the tyres over..seems a bit strange like Tony said that the Dunlop tyres are Xtra load aswell..? and they are stiffer sidewall.?

All correct other than they are Goodyears :)

"DOH"..Yeah i know Tony bit of a balls up forgot they where Goodyears jibberjabber had on.. :huh: .....i was meant to put about the Dunlop`s that are on my rear(Stiffer sidewall than the pirelli pzero on the front) the Dunlops seem to take weight of the car and compression better......just as an example to jibberjabber problems... :D

Hey good news jiberjaber so it was better swaping the tyres over..seems a bit strange like Tony said that the Dunlop tyres are Xtra load aswell..? and they are stiffer sidewall.?

All correct other than they are Goodyears :)

"DOH"..Yeah i know Tony bit of a balls up forgot they where Goodyears jibberjabber had on.. :huh: .....i was meant to put about the Dunlop`s that are on my rear(Stiffer sidewall than the pirelli pzero on the front) the Dunlops seem to take weight of the car and compression better......just as an example to jibberjabber problems... :D

We did move them and it's better..... Looks like we will need to be careful with the F1a's

• 1 year later...

Well its that time to replace the bridgestones that I swapped to the rear, but I am nervous to buy two more F1As as I dont want the car to turn back in to 4 wheel jelly mobile! :) Any news in the last 2 years since this thread started Tony that might pt me more at ease ??

If it's of any use, the F1As have been fine on my car. I had real grip problems through the winter which has made me think the tyres don't work well under about 6-7C, but now that it's warmed up they're back to being brilliant again.

However when the time comes to change I think I may swap to Michelin, they're pricier but no one ever has a bad word to say about them.

Just been looking this old thread no its been brought up again.....

When i had my lexus IS200 i had to get new rear tyres..i opted for TOYO T1R`s and i had the same handling issue as you Jiberjaber,the car felt awfull at speed ...anything above 50mph and like you it felt like a boat OR i had a flat tyre feeling..... :lol: :o

It was all down to the softer sidewall on the TOYO`s so i swaped them over with the DUNLOP SP SPORT MAXX ( japan )( which have a harder sidewall) and put the Toyo`s on the front and the car was back to normal.! :o

I would definatly recomend the Dunlop sport Maxx (japan ) :P ( different tread compound made for the lexus and to replace the SP9000 ) :huh: the handling is great in the wet and dry and you know how far the limit is before they do break away ( very progressive ) they also last very well and are quiet too.! so all in all IMHO they are well worth buying .. :lol: