Recommended reading?

89mustang

Sorry Tony, KDS being.....??

Any views in your experience on the Z4 wearing the inners part of the tyres or pulling one way when letting go of the wheel?

KDS is the BMW approved alignment system> http://www.pro-align.co.uk/products/manufa...bmwaligners.htm my system is the same but without the KDS software that's solely concentrated on BMW.

The Z4 has a fully adjustable chassis, simply because it was known by design the Geometry would deteriorate. It just needs a good calibration.

OK so its not normal then in your experience?

I'm replacing the rears as they look like this (see pics)......would it matter if i kept the fronts on for a geo, they have about 3mm left above the wear marker but they do look like they are wearing the inners more than the outers also.

tyre1.JPG

tyre2.JPG

Geometrically that pattern of wear is very tame, in truth one psi change would have left you with a perfectly worn tyre.

As for the tyres condition and measuring the Geo, it makes no difference despite what you may read in forums.

I'm not overly keen on moving strategically worn tyres around the car because there could be compression handling issues.... Nevertheless the actual tread condition has no bearing on the Geometry readings or end results.

I would have thought that would warrant trimming a little camber and toe ?

The wear is to small.... any change in camber or toe far exceeds a 1psi pressure change.... Despite the complaint in the real world the tyre loss is very small.