The Suspension Evolution of My Toyota Starlet

Hi everyone,

Thought id make my own little topic so i can keep track of my constantly evolving starlet gt turbo :o

Ive recently converted to coilovers, and this has made such a transformation to the car. I visited Tony in watford on saturday and had the geometry set up as well as having my panhard rod (aka lateral rod) fitted and adjusted to suit.

While i was there i had 4 new Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres fitted (why not eh?). I decided to try them as many people recommend them and ive had toyo tyres for a long time.

Heres a little print out of my geometry settings:

2534.jpg

As you can see they are set up for 'fast road'. Ive felt the difference already. Having a straight steering wheel is very nice!

The whole car feels nice to drive, smooth and stable. Its completely different to the standard set up, where you are always on edge waiting for the car to bite you back.

I am taking the 'twisty' route to work this week, so i can get a little bit more feedback.

And im sure Tony has a got something to say regarding my damaged wheel :o :unsure:

Joe

Indeed the wheels is a little 'hurt'.... One for Discounts i think!

The Panhard rod fitting and setting was easy you have a 21mm parallelogram alignement per side, this was done in one hit so in truth i learned nothing...

As for the Geo positions the pillow adjusters allowed generous corrections but the NSF camber was very bad.. The final correctional position was then mirrored at the OSF... The KPI balance is not good and can be easily corrected using the EZ cam adjuster bolt, with this the KPI can become balanced then the pillow adjusters set back to a symmetrical position.... This very example was visible with bazzas Starlet....

The result now is over-steer, you wait and see how she drives with a balanced KPI and less front camber :unsure:

great stuff :o

hey tony, how does it compare to mine ?

Your Geometry has much better balance but....... He has a Panhard you don't :o

The Panhard rod fitting and setting was easy you have a 21mm parallelogram alignement per side, this was done in one hit so in truth i learned nothing...

As for the Geo positions the pillow adjusters allowed generous corrections but the NSF camber was very bad.. The final correctional position was then mirrored at the OSF... The KPI balance is not good and can be easily corrected using the EZ cam adjuster bolt, with this the KPI can become balanced then the pillow adjusters set back to a symmetrical position.... This very example was visible with bazzas Starlet....

The result now is over-steer, you wait and see how she drives with a balanced KPI and less front camber :o

great stuff :o

Your Geometry has much better balance but....... He has a Panhard you don't :)

yet :unsure:

The result now is over-steer, you wait and see how she drives with a balanced KPI and less front camber :o

great stuff :D

Your Geometry has much better balance but....... He has a Panhard you don't :D

yet :rolleyes:

I actually know of somone who can set the Panhard position to the nearest 1mm..... It's ....Me :D

The result now is over-steer, you wait and see how she drives with a balanced KPI and less front camber :D

I actually know of somone who can set the Panhard position to the nearest 1mm..... It's ....Me :D

There's nothing like blowing your own trumpet mate :o

The result now is over-steer, you wait and see how she drives with a balanced KPI and less front camber :D

There's nothing like blowing your own trumpet mate :o

Bugle actually :D and down the wrong end.... it went peeerpppt then the end cap fell off :D

The result now is over-steer, you wait and see how she drives with a balanced KPI and less front camber :lol:

great stuff :lol:

Your Geometry has much better balance but....... He has a Panhard you don't :P

I actually know of somone who can set the Panhard position to the nearest 1mm..... It's ....Me :)

bloody good job too

guess what

your going to have another one to do very shortly :)

The result now is over-steer, you wait and see how she drives with a balanced KPI and less front camber :lol:

great stuff :P

Your Geometry has much better balance but....... He has a Panhard you don't :)

I actually know of somone who can set the Panhard position to the nearest 1mm..... It's ....Me :)

bloody good job too

guess what

your going to have another one to do very shortly :)

I'll get me Trombone :lol: