Honda CRX

Tony

Any thoughts...

Modifications irrelevant... The request is over-steer... (roll centre) 50/50.. It is heavy in the bhp department, light in weight....... Try to extrapolate how you would develop the Geo.... Theoretically here... I will be setting this CRX on Monday..... Remember team wim 'no one' is ever wrong in debate so add your thoughts...... ;)

So they've a FF car and want a little more oversteer. Stiffer rear ARB... oh wait, it's wim.

Well, from personal experience more front than rear camber made the rear of the mr2 floaty at speeds, though he'll be giving up ultimate traction as the driven wheels will have the high camber.

So they've a FF car and want a little more over-steer. Stiffer rear ARB... oh wait, it's wim.

Well, from personal experience more front than rear camber made the rear of the mr2 floaty at speeds, though he'll be giving up ultimate traction as the driven wheels will have the high camber.

How does this read.....

Camber front: -1deg 50'..... Compressive

Castor : 6 deg+ ....... Large radius.. long trail (mechanical)

Toe : 0 ........Assume + under thrust (FWD) and during 'Moment of inertia'

Camber rear : -1deg 10'......Compressive - roll centre inviting over-steer at the polar centre

Toe : 20'+ total......Positive lateral pneumatic drift slip angle

Data for the SJI, Included angle, for Scrub radius are not available.... nor is the suspension/dampening rates, wheel/SJI off-set or tyre width so i cannot conclude the Scrub radius... I assume 60% positive?

going off what my old rover race car had ...neutral rear set up, onb the front neg camber and slight toe in

i cant remember the actual settings, as it was a fair few years ago...also my settings were a little more due to the fact it was a track only car,

as for anti roll bars they were std roversport items.

intrestingly though, all the roversport suspension parts are usable on the Honda, as all the rover 200s/honda Civic/accord circa 1990-95 shared the same floorpans/suspension etc etc

i will however try and dig out the different settings i used

going off what my old rover race car had ...neutral rear set up, onb the front neg camber and slight toe in

i cant remember the actual settings, as it was a fair few years ago...also my settings were a little more due to the fact it was a track only car,

intrestingly though, all the roversport suspension parts are usable on the Honda, as all the rover 200s/honda Civic/accord circa 1990-95 shared the same floorpans/suspension etc etc

Please do!

One area that frustrates me is when people 'overlap' someone else's Geometry set-up.... From your race experience how difficult was it to finalise the handling if at all.

Please do!

One area that frustrates me is when people 'overlap' someone else's Geometry set-up.... From your race experience how difficult was it to finalise the handling if at all.

the set ups changed depending on the track and conditions.....

Please do!

the set ups changed depending on the track and conditions.....

My point exactly.... A wise driver develops his own (by the pants) requirements. The chassis engineer would act on these demands then manufacture them by trial and error.

What was missing from my initial thread was the positions were delivered to me in advance of the Geometry tomorrow, all i have done is analise the positions then assume the drive.. personally i don't like this sort of set-up since i feel it belongs to another car (with good feed back) or it's a stab in the dark assumption by convention.

As you say the real positions are trial and error then track by track born from the drivers feed back, a predetermined set-up seems somewhat final.

Another factor is that if the car leaves the track and stacks it then it's my name on the set-up....... 'set by wim' although i had no contribution to the Geometry other than set it.....