Accord tyres

chesjak

Hi everybody

I am a newby to this site. I was recommended to visit it.

I have a Honda Accord yr 2005 and are just about to change the front tyres.

it seems that I am not alone when I complain of bad tramlining but I wonder if there is anything that I can do to at least reduce the problem.

the car originally had Yokohama tyres on it which really did cause bad tramlining when they wore down a bit. I then replaced them with a set of Michelin Premecy 225/45/R17. I have never been a fan of Michelin and I don't know why I let the garage talk me into them. I am not an agressive driver by any stretch of imagination but the tyre have lasted just 16k miles and also I still have the bad tramlining.

Ideally I would like a tyre that is quiet, comfortable and not going to wear out so quickly and one that will help reduce the tramlining problem.

Any suggestions as to what sort of tyre would be the best for the car?

I have had the geo set up twice now on Hunter 6000 equipment but I wonder if there is any fine tuning (ie a change to the recomended Honda settings) that can be done to help the tramlining problem.

If anyone could help, it would be great.

I haven't even considered going to the local Honda dealers around here as they useless.

regards

Hello, welcome to wim.

Tramlining is due to...

1:Tread pattern

2:Tyre pressure

3:Toe

Historically patterns like asymmetrical or symmetrical or more resilient... The correct pressure needs to be found, generally small changes +- 2psi is a good test.

The toe "tendency" can be measured on a Geometry rig then adjusted to the centre point, there is no common template because all cars will be different even the same model.