Some wobble

I have just changed onto my Summer wheels :) and ive put them on the same way that they came off but i am now experiencing steering wheel wobble when driving around 50-60mph and also even at slow speeds when turning!?

Does this sound like a combi of both tracking and balancing or just one or the other? I can go back up to my local garage and get them to check the wheels 2moro but if its the tracking im not gonna bother doin as the car is going in for suspension fittin on the 8th April, which it should be sorted out there!?

Cheers

Chris

Ok lets define things...

1: on the other wheels everything was ok?

2: now you have vibration @ 15mph, is this under braking

3: does the car wander on the straight or influenced by bumps or braking

4: where do you feel the vibration? steering or seat

5: any noise's

1: on the other wheels everything was ok?

yes they were fine apart from a slight wobble when breakin from high speeds

2: now you have vibration @ 15mph, is this under braking

feelin it wobble when turning the steering wheel with no breaking

3: does the car wander on the straight or influenced by bumps or braking

the car doesnt wander on the staight

4: where do you feel the vibration? steering or seat

all through the steering wheel

5: any noise's

no noises that i can hear.....

cheers

im possitive the spigots are place, i can run the car up to my mates garage 2moro and see if the wheels are ballenced, but i cant see why they shouldnt be, after all theyve been in the garage since sept last year!

I agree it's odd.. I'm not concerned with balance since the vibration is to low, what i am concerned with is lateral run-out or a compressed alloy.. Please ensure this is tested with the spigot rings in place whilst the wheel is on the balancer.

Unfortunatly i aint got round to takin the car in today as i have been rather busy! I did however try and find out at what speed it steerin starts to wobble when cornering and i have got it to around 25mph+, the wheels cant have flat spots on them as they have been stored flat.

You say bout compressed alloy or lateral run out, is that checkin if the alloy is circular?

Cheers

Unfortunatly i aint got round to takin the car in today as i have been rather busy! I did however try and find out at what speed it steerin starts to wobble when cornering and i have got it to around 25mph+, the wheels cant have flat spots on them as they have been stored flat.

You say bout compressed alloy or lateral run out, is that checkin if the alloy is circular?

Cheers

No, a buckle. If the vibration is just on cornering then it's probable the tie rod bushings are dead. The wider wheels will highlight this due to rolling resistance or differences in off-sets.

Its not just on cornerin, its at 60-70mph too in a straight line.

I think we are flying blind now... Your problem needs a hands on inspection in truth, all obvious reasons have been offered so looking outside of the box is required.

Do you know/trust anyone who has a ramp?

I know one garage who has done work on my car, fitted ARB's, new drop links, bushes etc....they have a ramp also, what you suggesting?

A full inspection of the bushings/ dampers-coils and all other satellite components. I.E bearings, drop-links and so on.