skyline lemans?

there was a programme recently about a guy who had bought a skyline le mans from japan( apparently only 5 in the UK) but after about a month the engine was shot as it had not been mapped to uk petrol and all the pistons were scrap etc - the repair bill was 11K but they reckon it was 800hp and after running in and fine tuning it would be 850 - sounds like a load of toss to me but i might b wrong - your thoughts please.

there was a programme recently about a guy who had bought a skyline le mans from japan( apparently only 5 in the UK) but after about a month the engine was shot as it had not been mapped to uk petrol and all the pistons were scrap etc - the repair bill was 11K but they reckon it was 800hp and after running in and fine tuning it would be 850 - sounds like a load of toss to me but i might b wrong - your thoughts please.

100 Octane in Japan, but I'm surprised it made such a difference by presumably putting 95 Octane in it...should have used Tesco 99.... :mellow:

Only 80 were built worldwide for Le Mans homologation requirements and they were all the same colour blue. 850 bhp sounds a bit far fetched...it was an R33!!

Best I can find is http://www.neweraimports.com/Nebusis/pictu....RacingBlue.pdf 465 bhp at the fly with uprated turbos.

If its the one im thinkin of its from up my way, was it on fifth gear by any chance? In the interview there was a lot of er...er...er....? If it was then yeah it was pushing out that bhp! Not sure on the whereabouts of the car now tho!

I think this is the "lesser mythical Skyline" heard roaming around larger moments in the Nags head public bar :oneeyed02:

This is all ive found on the car!

1000 cc HKS injectors

2.0mm steel head gasket

Alloy Radiator

External Wastgate with Screamer Pipe

full engine rebuild

full re map and various works

greddy 135mm FMIC..

greddy cooling panel

Greddy Fuel Rail + HKS fuel regulater

Greddy intake Plenum

HKS Actuators