Wishbone Bushes

Excuse the rust and muck, but well we do get the odd wet patch on the roads here :rolleyes:.

The car is a 1999 Mondeo 2.5 V6 Hatchback with 90,000 miles

This is how my bushes look with the car jacked up, all "peeling away" from their holes:

ms1.jpg

ms2.jpg

ms3.jpg

This is how they look with car lowered onto ground - looks fine to me:

ms4.jpg

So is this normal behaviour for wishbone bushes or are mine buggered?

The car steers in a straight line even under heavy braking, there are no bumps or knocks, and as far as I can tell the front tyres are wearing evenly. But I am getting more road feedback than normal which is making the steering wheel a bit wobbly - it feels like dodgy wheel balancing but all balancing has been checked and is fine (and the "wobble" is worst at around 30mph anyway)...

Thanks :rolleyes:. Hopefully replacing these will sort out the wobble.

Have you got any recommendations for 3rd party wishbone manufacturers? I would rather not stretch to the cost of genuine Ford parts, but the only alternatives I can find are unbranded el-cheapo parts on eBay (don't think so...) or Quinton Hazell, who I believe have a decent reputation?

Yep as Tony said they need changing...are they the original Ford arms?

I've used pattern arms which can last a few months or a couple of years, all depends on what you get. I've just fitted these ones I bought from ebay - link, worth a try at 30 quid a pair, delivered :rolleyes: