Avon ZV-R tyres

Janey

Getting some new wheels (Wedsport RS5's :) ) which have Avon ZV-R tyres on......

As I'm a bit 'underlit' B) in the world of tyres I was just wondering what the handling/grip etc is going to be like on the Eunos with them ?

Ooppss just realised I posted this in wrong place :huh: Ahmet sweetie pie, can you move it when you get a mo please :)

i wouldnt make a swing for kids from an avon, id be scared the tyre would fall apart.

Personally i agree with Dan.... Avon are great for lip stick but s*** for road grip.

:o Ok...I think I get the drift :o

So....which one of you boys can supply me with some Toyo's at a nice price :) :)

Why does everyone love toyos so much in the internet world? The mr2 guys think they're the best things since sliced bread - they're rubbish.

Even their r888's are the bottom of the pile for trackdays.

I guess a lot of MR2 drivers haven't tried anything else.

In short, Toyo T1-Rs are good budget tyres, but still budget tyres.

Love the Toyos. I have them on my 17's and 18's with no problems at all. :o

Janey / Barrie.... Have a look on ebay as there are a few sellers doing great deals on the Toyos. Especially the older T-1S as they are the older stock. Also with free delivery for 4 tyres:D

goodyear f1's are good i hear.

a friend of mine is using bridgestone on his civic, mainly for 1/4mile use/street use and swears by them.

F1s are an excellent street tyre, i wouldn't use them on a trackday though as they turn to chocolate.

The stock bridgestone 040 is rubbish on the type R, upgrade that to an S02 or S02 and you're laughing :o

:o darn this is not looking good

tony whats the best you can do on a set of four toyos :)

why is it that janey`s bargains cost me a fortune :o

For the Toyos STS go through a third party and in truth i feel we are to expensive!... i wouldn't do that to you.

Why does everyone love toyos so much in the internet world?

Because it a nice word :D Are there any tyres within a reasonable price range you do actually like Jon....or are you a secret squillionaire :)

Thanks for the advice guys, funny how every one prefers or swears by a different brand/type of tyre :)

I need something mainly for road use, as have an abundance of wheels & tyres for drift atm and I'm not planning on doing any track for the time being.

So........I just need something that in the wet will stick reasonably well to the road :D So I will do a bit of research and then contact my friendly guru and see what we can do :)

I had some p6000's on my car (still have 2 at the front) and had 2 goodyear f1's put on at the back as they were wearing down.

I much prefer the goodyears and am not much of a fan of the pirellis. The Goodyear F1's are good in the wet and the dry, many tyres only seem good on one or the other. However all cars and tyre sizes differ so your probably best off asking other owners which they prefered, especially if they have had a few different sets on the car over time.