Please help TDi

Tony

With the cup pending i have some "satelit" owners who want to mimic the track series... Basically the problem is this.. Corner on the complaint is severe under-steer.

Gaz shocks and Absolutely shocks have suggested the damper ratios at the front need to be reduced so that weight (polar) transfer allows the front to grip.

My question is this.... Is it that simple or do i need to design a more elaborate transfer mechanism?

Not adjustable dampers standard?

Fully adjustable aftermarket kits fitted.

If they're fully adjustable and Gaz are recommending softening the front damping (which would make sense) why not just adopt a try it and see attitude. It's not going to cost anything. Theory is great, but it never quite matches just getting out there and trying something for real.

Not adjustable dampers standard?

Fully adjustable aftermarket kits fitted.

If they're fully adjustable and Gaz are recommending softening the front damping (which would make sense) why not just adopt a try it and see attitude. It's not going to cost anything. Theory is great, but it never quite matches just getting out there and trying something for real.

Oh i will... I have a few days training with Gaz next month and i have four Elise's to set as well. This particular car i set and i'm so surprised how effective the change in damper ratio was.