What a difference a frame makes

The fine-tune customizes stock Geometry to suit you since Humans are not stock... If these are done in volume then manufacturing traits can be established i have found some interesting results.

Comparison cars are the Lexus IS200 and the Mazda MX5, both multiple adjust Geometrically.

IS200 suffers from significant front camber correction, followed with normal corrections in other angles around the car.

MX5 suffers from global corrections.

IS200 fine-tune showed most times the settling process violated the Geometry again, normally with diagonal displacement... this would mean another fine-tune would be required to finalise the Geometry

MX5 fine-tune showed next to nothing

Both cars are adjusted on a bed of ball bearings to eliminate friction.

Both cars are re-measured after 2000 miles

Both cars are adjusted at the wishbones

So why the disparity

Weight is the only answer.

Seemingly the IS200 due to the weight resists settling regardless of the frictionless plates, whereas the MX5 due to the lighter weight is totally compliant.

So from this what is learnt

IS200 needs to be corrected... driven re-measured.... corrected, then have a 2000 mile fine-tune

MX5 needs to be corrected and have a 3000 mile fine-tune

A word of warning to IS owners, if these findings do prove as displayed then any Geometry without the fine-tune would be worthless!

id agree with that, we aligned a lexus (gs400 i think) big one anyway, after a 14 day re-check the measurements were better but not perfect.

Worrying don't you think!.... it's only the trusted centres that offer a fine-tune and our independent findings show the same results.... what's really pants about this that now wim has forced the public and the shops to be Geometry aware, wim now has to educate another level...

Head the advise chaps...

I missed the fine tunes out (more due to being busy...)

Looks like I will be needing a new tyre at least... :D

Tony... I'll give you a buzz when I figure out a free slot in the diary to try and get in :D

Oh dear sorry for the loss... if i can help with the replacement give me a chance with price... the F/T is a must.. as you know time and time again i have warned LOC.... and it's free.... give me the size and make and i will help as much as possible!

I'll be coming in for a fine-tune soon, I'm going to put the turbo on but I'm well over 2000 miles so I may have to come in soon.

Don't worry about being over the 2000..... this i set for safety, if the fine-tune was left for 4000 miles then the tyres may show visible wear.... on the 2000 i rely on the tyres measurements taken on the first test at an increment of 100th of a mm