Repair after accident

Ok, Tony... here goes :huh:

About 8 months ago I had an accident. Damage was done to the rear offside corner of the car. This was repaired with many parts replaced (I can go find the invoice if you need to know which bits!), and I was assured that a full geometry had been carried out. The rear end of the car felt absolutely awful to drive.

Only pics I have of the damage:

post-9721-1121420055.jpgpost-9721-1121420085.jpgpost-9721-1121420101.jpg

Whilst planning a trip to see the man himself (that'd be Tony...), I was involved in another accident. This time a shunt up the rear end from a white-van-man driving waaaay too close on a dual carraigeway...

I insisted the car went to the dealer for repair rather than the same "approved repairer" that was used by the insurance company last time. I asked them specifically to look at the geometry which they told me they did (although I couldn't get a print out because their "printer was broken"). After the repairs the car felt much better than before, but because it is the dealer I assume they have set the Lexus to the 'incorrect' factory settings that the dealers must follow.

There are some people that say the car will never be 100% after repairs like this and that you are better off selling the car to get another, but is that true? Will the geometry ever be recoverable?

I'm guessing you must have seen some accident damaged cars come in. Any of them have geometry that was unrecoverable even after repair?

Edit: can't get the pics to work!!! See here instead.

Edited by Moffet

First i must say don't worry about the image problems..... There has been some malicious coding going through the forums and Scarface has limited protocol for a short period.

To the car, Heavy damage indeed fundamentally panels and paint in truth. Knowing the Lex as i do Geometrically i cannot see a problem recovering the Geo :o A little tlc would conclude in my opinion.

And Moffet.... nice to see you post :) .....you rascal!..... get the 'bug' and continue..... :huh:

As Tony said, providing the work is carried out to spec and there isn't a crease / distortion in the tub it should come out as good as new.

Obviously get it to Tony to make sure :huh: