Mazda MK3 NC recall

Tony

wim's findings regarding the MK3 horrified the entire MX community. Typically once i was sure of a cover up i exposed this to all the Mazda forums.

Fully expecting a court session anytime soon i have been delighted to be informed the NC has been re-called due to a (rear) Geometry issue?

We all know this is an attempt to calibrate the entire car but who cares! Fact is by pure exposure Mazda are attempting to correct their mistake "sublimely".

Here is one of the links in the Mazda forums> http://www.mx5ocforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=51514

Permission to wobble head?...... :rolleyes:

Good to hear you're victorious Tony! I have just realised that my mum has a MX-5. Now I don't know much about these cars so not sure if she is affected. Can you advise please? She has a 2007 "57" MX-5 ICON:

52992_a_maz.jpg

Yep the "57" is a MK3 NC and raised 30mm before sale in the UK so it's probable the chassis is incorrect.

Being a new car it's hard to tell if the handling is wrong but historically the steering feels very light at speed and the rear feels loose during cornering.

If she complains to Madza they will suggest lowering the car 30mm on Eibach springs, these come in blue or yellow.

Mazda insist on blue to retain the warranty but in truth other than the color they are both the same..... Oddly enough the blue are not available to the general public.

Plot thickens indeed.......

Yep the "57" is a MK3 NC and raised 30mm before sale in the UK so it's probable the chassis is incorrect.

Being a new car it's hard to tell if the handling is wrong but historically the steering feels very light at speed and the rear feels loose during cornering.

If she complains to Madza they will suggest lowering the car 30mm on Eibach springs, these come in blue or yellow.

Mazda insist on blue to retain the warranty but in truth other than the color they are both the same..... Oddly enough the blue are not available to the general public.

Cheers for that. I'll be at my parents over the weekend so will take it for a test drive. What sort of speeds do I need to take it up to (on a private road if needed)?

Cheers for that. I'll be at my parents over the weekend so will take it for a test drive. What sort of speeds do I need to take it up to (on a private road if needed)?

It varies, at 60-70+ the car feels "worried" and floaty....

Another area to feel is the loose back end, particularly on the corner.... Complaints are that the rear "slips/jumps" off the bump.

My findings with the stock chassis is the rear camber is near to non-existent and the thrust angle has a random (neg-poss) position.

Also on some cars the tyre pressures were still set at the shipping standard 60psi :rolleyes: rather then the driven requirement 28psi!!