2003 Lexus IS300 Geometry

eddie

Hi all, just had some new tyres fitted to my lexus (two) and have noticed some vibration at high speed. Obviously I always went to WIM for the geo. @Rich anyone else Watford way any idea where I can go now? Cheers

Would that not be a balancing issue if you just had new tyres fitted? What did you go for?

I had some new tyres fitted yesterday at Costco. It felt weird taking the car somewhere else where I couldn't chat while they were working on it or look underneath when it's on the ramp.

As for the geo I've not looked at where else we could go. Not needed one for years since they were first done by Tony/Joe.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Would that not be a balancing issue if you just had new tyres fitted? What did you go for?

I had some new tyres fitted yesterday at Costco. It felt weird taking the car somewhere else where I couldn't chat while they were working on it or look underneath when it's on the ramp.

As for the geo I've not looked at where else we could go. Not needed one for years since they were first done by Tony/Joe.

Had Pirelly Powercy fitted - now have a mix of PZero and these new ones. Its been a few years since Geo so probably the time to get it sorted as well as alloy wheel restoration....

image.thumb.png.fe3dd88a0e9d622bc059cb51b36d7761.png

Wow, that's some bad corrosion. The MX5 ones need doing as well really but I might try doing that myself as they're not too bad.

How you finding the tyres, similar to the PZero?

11 hours ago, Rich said:

Wow, that's some bad corrosion. The MX5 ones need doing as well really but I might try doing that myself as they're not too bad.

How you finding the tyres, similar to the PZero?

the tyres feel about the same as the pzeros - i know the wheels are knackered - they need to be refurbed but the car itself needs a bit of work as well on the body 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Good stuff. Do they have a Hawkeye geo ramp, I've not seen it yet?

Could you stay with Joe while I did it? I know they paid a premium on the insurance at WIM to allow that but I'm not sure at the new place.

On 09/11/2023 at 22:05, Rich said:

Good stuff. Do they have a Hawkeye geo ramp, I've not seen it yet?

Could you stay with Joe while I did it? I know they paid a premium on the insurance at WIM to allow that but I'm not sure at the new place.

image.thumb.png.d2ee82464faee4dabd74fc6570c8d757.png

• Like 1

Not sure which brand the ramp is Rich but it looks state of the art. No problems whatsoever with hanging about in the garage itself - they owners seem pretty chilled and the dog there is as gentle as anything. Lexus is handling really well now!