Tyre Review in Evo Magazine

TDIPLC

I've not yet had a decent read but no surprise the F1 is at the top again. I really must read it and put a post up on my site!

Blimey for a minute there i thought it was your site in the mag jon.....

F1 being top dowg again is hardly surprising.... What is surprising is that Goodyear are discontinuing the F1 :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

There hasn't been a back to back AS vs GSD3 but the general consensis amongst those IN THE KNOW is the new tyre is a fair bit better, dry and wet.

Of course, there's going to be the people who refuse to let go of the past...

There hasn't been a back to back AS vs GSD3 but the general consensis amongst those IN THE KNOW is the new tyre is a fair bit better, dry and wet.

Historically it's the drivers view that really matters..... I think until the AS gets serious approval from the drivers i will abstain from any recommendations.

One thing i learned is that all new products are the best ever, so says the manufacturer... This would mean there must be a huge pile of second best ever products that failed to impress the nation :(

Historically it's the drivers view that really matters..... I think until the AS gets serious approval from the drivers i will abstain from any recommendations.

One thing i learned is that all new products are the best ever, so says the manufacturer... This would mean there must be a huge pile of second best ever products that failed to impress the nation :(

Or some would call it evolution. If each new product wasn't better than the last we'd still be driving sideways on 3" cross ply tyres...

Or some would call it evolution. If each new product wasn't better than the last we'd still be driving sideways on 3" cross ply tyres...

Agreed but my point is that just because the manufacturer says it's the best ever, that doesn't validate the product, the customer does.

Nothing to do with evolution or survival of the fittest, more like the consumer validating the promises as a matter of fact rather than because the tin says best ever.

Bit ironic coming from me but the customers aren't the best people to give educated or unbias feedback because of the different between old and new tyres. Back to back magazines are all saying the AS is a step on from the GSD3, not Goodyear. Lets not forget the GSD3 is a fairly old design now!

My prediction is the AS will take the GSD3s crown as the customers choice in the next 12 months.

Bit ironic coming from me but the customers aren't the best people to give educated or unbias feedback because of the different between old and new tyres. Back to back magazines are all saying the AS is a step on from the GSD3, not Goodyear. Lets not forget the GSD3 is a fairly old design now!

My prediction is the AS will take the GSD3s crown as the customers choice in the next 12 months.

I hope so..... But until there is some interior recommendation from owners i dare not endorse the AS.