2007 MX5 NC1 Sport Fast Road Geometry

Syst3mSh0ck

Afternoon,

Thanks for this forum. I wanted to ask what the best Geometry setup would be for Fast Road use with my 2007 MX5 NC1 Sport please. Factory Sports package with no mods. Bilstein shocks. Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres in 205/45/R17 (88Y) flavour. I'm having four new Pilot Sport 4's fitted this Saturday and want to get the Geometry dialled in properly because it has wandered a bit since I last had it done. I'll be going to Tyre Shack in Southampton for their Hunter Laser alignment platform. I really like the fact you get a proper report including Steer Ahead and Thrust Angle, both of which I want at zero! Here is my current setup with measurements in Degrees/Arcminutes which are symmetrical for NS/OS as reference:

Front

Camber: -1.00'

Castor: +6.00'

Toe: +0.05'

Back 

Camber: -1.00'

Toe: +0.10'

I use this car as a daily driver for commuting to work but I do like to take it through the forest round the twisties and tend to have a heavy right foot sometimes. My previous set of Pilot Sport 4's have lasted almost two years. I honestly haven't had any issues with this setup and think it handles really well but then again I am not an alignment expert and this is my first sports car.

Thanks for your help 🙂

Kind Regards,

Simon

Hello

It's all good apart from the cambers.

Camber is the most influential angle, so there needs to be a dynamic balance. To explain, the rear camber only has a curve, whereas the front can gain/ loose during bump and steering angle.

For fast road, the rear camber needs to be -1 degree 50' minutes. And the front needs to be -50'.  Because the front will indirectly affect to castor it might go to as low as 5 degrees, that's fine.