Where is the connection?........

Tony

bunnies and eggs are both symbols of fertility, unsurprisingly spring and fertility go hand in hand so the Pagans celebrated it around the time spring starts. Im not sure of anything completly original in Christianity, but in fairness im not a Christian so i dont know all the stories

I recall reading somewhere that the original easter animal, that is the one associated with Oestre, was the hare rather than the rabbit. I'm also pretty sure that people once believed that hares hatched from eggs. The hare nests in a "form" on the ground and Plovers sometimes lay eggs in deserted hare forms. I think there may be quite a few natural connections in this direction. There is actually a place called Hare Hatch in Berkshire but it isn't listed in my dictionary of place names. However, hatch is a common Old-English name for a gate, so it's more likely to mean Hare Gate than to be anything to do with hatching eggs.