It's better than a gun.........

Tony

Their strong beasts and no doubt well trained but i have to agree with you if they do get hit it will hurt beast or not. I think the way to deal with these would be an EMP but technology needs to catch up first.

Stupid idea, it would be like putting its claws and legs in a blender, for as long as the power from the lipo batteries are connected to the electric motors there's no way they'll stop. I know from the British Model Flying Associations personal accident insurance statistics that the highest and most common claims are from people who have lost single or multiple fingers from accidents with propellors. With i/c engines most will slow down and/or stop when something is obstructing the propellor, but since the introduction of electrically powered aircraft, helicopters and multirotors the number of similar claims have escalated, one of the most recent being the amputation of all four digits on one hand by the tail rotor of a model electric helicopter.

I  have witnessed a small electric powered model turn a book and cardboard box into confetti when I cocked up when changing a electric speed controller and the only way it was stopped was when it hit the leg of my workbench and the motor was knocked out of the fuselage which disconnected the power from the battery. In retrospect I should have removed the prop beforehand, but it taught me a lesson I'll not forget.

I must be missing something?........ I first heard about this on the BBC news and would assume all the do gooders ( rightly so ) would have picked up on this as animal cruelty from the get go if the birds are at such risk. In my untrained mind i assumes these multi rota quads have slower less powerful blades?