MK1 MK5 settings

alan0259

Hey everyone, I own a 1992 MK1 MX5 1.6, it's lowered with coilovers and I've set the ride height to what I think suits best (been told the rear should be slightly higher than the front).

From the centre of the wheels (15") to the arch lip the measurements are:

Rear: 315mm

Front: 300mm

The previous owner was really in to his slammed / crazy camber look (where they sit like this >> / \ ) and I think he tried to mess about with it himself and tried setting it back to standard by eye lol as just looking at the wheels you can see they're out pretty bad and it handles really really bad.

Anyway, the car is getting it's geometry setup by a guy tomorrow who works at a main dealer (friend of a friend / cash job) and I'm hoping I can provide him with some settings to dial in.

I do drive hard on the road and will be doing the odd track day, I've always had FWD cars so I don't want anything crazy that will make it oversteer.

I've heard about the WIM fast road settings and the Lanny settings but I'm lost as to which would be best for what I want.

Hope you gods can give me some info! :)

Thanks in advance.

308i6au.jpg

Hello

Our fast-road settings are splashed all over the net now so why not.....

Rear

Camber: -1 degree 50'

Toe: +9' each side

Front

Camber: -50'

Castor: +5 degrees 30'

Toe: +8' per side

All of this is the base settings and takes no other mods into account....... Personally we don't have a rear rake because it allows quote corner out so 310 f/ r is a good base.

Hello

Our fast-road settings are splashed all over the net now so why not.....

Rear

Camber: -1 degree 50'

Toe: +9' each side

Front

Camber: -50'

Castor: +5 degrees 30'

Toe: +8' per side

All of this is the base settings and takes no other mods into account....... Personally we don't have a rear rake because it allows quote corner out so 310 f/ r is a good base.

I've just re-adjusted my ride height to 310mm all round.

I've seen some WIM printouts online that reference the rear toe to be +20 and +21, where as you've mentioned +9.

Is this something you've found improvements with (hence the change) or is there another reason past my knowledge? lol

Thanks

The +20' has been reduced because of the summer tyre temp. Toe is lateral scrub and it winds up the tyre side wall meaning it can cause snap oversteer. The wim Evo settings which is bases on oversteer and power steer has virtually no toe.