IS220D after lowering and wheels

Inside rear "lift off" on a turn is common with a ridged chassis.. The seat belt replacement is interesting.... Since you weren't notified directly it's not a recall. More a replace silently when the car is available type of recall B)

No, it was a recall. I was notified by my local stealership to take mine in to have the front belts replaced. It depended on your VIN as a batch of recoils apparently had incidences of hang ups where the belt wouldn't consistently reel out or in. Didn't have a problem with mine but they changed them anyway. The new ones have a slight striped pattern to the weave of the belt material which is hardly noticable unless you compare them to the original rear belts. We discussed it on LOC a while ago. I guess some were missed.

Think it was technical bulletin BO010-05 OCT 05 Restraints - Seat Belt Extenders .

Thank you for the complete story.... It's a little worrying any re-calls were missed with something so important as the seat belts. Hopefully your confirmation of the bulletin will help any owners that surf wim.

I think they only recall if it's a safety or reliability issue, with most of the other TB's used if/when a customer has a complaint like the 'rattle' issue with the dash that seems to have effected most 220D's and even a few 250's. The seatbelt was definitely a safety issue so it should have been recalled if it was in the VIN group effected.

I had a brand new set of mats in the IS200 replaced under a TB because there was a chance of the original design getting caught under the accelerator pedal. Again not a recall or a customer complaint but they changed them during a service. Depends on the dealer I guess...the cost is covered by Lexus GB so the dealer probably even makes a few £ on TB's.