MK3 Mondeo eating insides of front tyres

Hi

Does anyone EVER manage to get even wear on a set of tyres on a Zetec S with 18" alloys?

I had a new set of continentals fitted on the front. As it was driving straight I didnt have the tracking done for about 2 weeks after on the 5th March. I had a full 4 wheel tracking done and the wheels bead sealed at Ford, as the tyres CONSTANTLY went down. :thumbsup_anim::o

The tyres have stayed at the correct pressure since then -- so everything seams fine.

In a word NO :thumbsup_anim::mad::o:mad:

I now find (again) that the insides of the tyres are wearing faster that the outsides

Do you recon it is due to a bad job of the tracking? Or does this always happen? If so how the hell does Ford get away with this?

I am sick of paying £130ish per tyre just to have them wearing unevenly after only 6000 miles.

Its getting to the point now where I will either just stick steels on it and have it look rubbish or get rid all together as I am that fed up with it. After years of having older cars and worn bushes etc causing problems and wearing tyres, this is the last problem I invisaged having at least on the older cars I could buy a pair for F1's for the price of 1 for the mondeo!!

Thanks

Daz

I'm not too sure but are the toe settings correct do you have a print out of the measurements that were taken?

Maybe the 18's have thrown the camber out too much, you can buy adjustable kits for the mondeo for about 120 quid.

Welcome to WIM as well :thumbsup_anim:

Hello Daz welcome to wim. The MK3 on 18" has the incorrect wheel off-set for the Geometry positions. No doubt about 10% of the tyre width was worn smooth on the inside? Eibach do now make camber correctors for your car. We can assist you on this if you like.

Hi Thanks for the welcome to the site :thumbsup_anim:

As Eibach have had to develop a kit to sort this out have Ford recognised that there is a problem? Do even the brand new models with 18" alloys get this problem? I am interested in getting the kit as I am losing patience with it to the point I am being to want something else.

Hi Thanks for the welcome to the site :thumbsup_anim:

As Eibach have had to develop a kit to sort this out have Ford recognised that there is a problem? Do even the brand new models with 18" alloys get this problem? I am interested in getting the kit as I am losing patience with it to the point I am being to want something else.

Ford are well aware of the problem but dismiss any litigation toward incorrect development. The kit will solve your issues once and for all. You just need to take that extra financial steep.

Out of interest what offset are your wheels and tyre profile?

Tony - Is this more of a problem with the MK3 than the MK2? When I get me 17's am I going to have any camber problems with mine?

I thought you were running after market rims. Didn't know there was a problem with ford ones.

You can get the kit here, choose you vehicle and it will give you a price - http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/Pro...de=EIBE5.81260K

Just checked and they've taken the ford option off, you may have to phone them for a quote.

I thought you were running after market rims. Didn't know there was a problem with ford ones.

You can get the kit here, choose you vehicle and it will give you a price - http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/Pro...de=EIBE5.81260K

Just checked and they've taken the ford option off, you may have to phone them for a quote.

Oddly enough we are just putting the Ford option in :thumbsup_anim:

WAHEY...WIM shop has a ford section :thumbsup_anim:

Yep, full support with all available modifications including Geometry adjusters on sale. Much work still to be done but we are committed to ease your exploration for products.