Front Outer edge wear 118d Msport

Would be grateful for some help with this. Also have a problem with an E90, (see my other post). They are related as set-up done at same tyre dealer and also tyres are Contisport.

The car : 118d msport 2007

The tyres : Conitsport 3 fitted at 34k miles. Rears were worn out after 20k miles with even wear and replaced with Assim 2. So issue is with front only.

Mileage now : 57k miles

Alignment done as below @ 41k miles. Car was weighted

Tread across rest of tyre (inner to outer) 3/4/5mm

Shoulders wearing as per pic, not horrendous, but it won't be too long before they are slick.

1series_zps5b500f5f.jpg

1seriesalignment41k_zps44ef5a3d.jpg

Many thanks in advance . . . 

Hello...

I wish places would measure the castor angle. Ok it's not adjustable but it has many important duties so it would help to know it's position...... Anyway is the OSF outer shoulder doing the same thing?

The tyre design makes things look worse but there is wear...... It's a hard call in this case because the wear looks camber related but you say they did correctly ballast the car..... Problem is the front camber is adjustable but it's a bugger of a job and expensive so there's a measure of reward. 

Good news is the wear is very confined and you are allowed to lose 1/8th of tread on each shoulder.

Well I'd rather pay for the adjustment than trash two perfectly good tyres which should give 40k assuming correct wear.

Given the inner edge is also more worn than the rest of the tyre, would any camber change to correct the outer wear make the inside edge wear worse ?

Would also appreciate some tyre recommendations which may improve matters. Car just tootles around mainly, so performance isn't really an issue. Longevity more important.

Having put Goodyear Assim 2 on the E90( see other thread) I am shocked to see how quick these have worn on the rear of that car, down to 5mm after 5k miles. 

So the gradient is from the inside out plus the very outer shoulder wear..... A change in camber is not going to help here because it's a lose lose situation.... The inner gradient of 3/4 covers a wide area suggesting a dynamic toe issue.

No..... The side wall might have an extra ply but not generate additional wear. If anything the 93 can generate tram-lining due to it's stiffness, also known as slip angle coefficient saturation.