Any audio experts? ipod modulator

When I bought the car there was a lead to connect an ipod already installed, however, it's not working properly. There is a CD/AUX button on the sat nav that should switch between the 2 but it only ever stays on CD. I had a look yesterday and it's a Sound Linx modulator that's installed. Everything seems to be plugged in ok and fuses look good. Any ideas? When I connect the ipod it just says you can now disconnect it, it can't communicate with the Honda system.

ipod modulator.jpg

Also there is an old Nokia handsfree kit installed (same brand), which I want to remove. The mic and window antenna are still installed but once I've removed everything do you normally have to connect anything back up or swap any wiring?

I think this company no longer exists as the domain directs to another website and I can't find any manuals.

Bit confused by that, from the description you've said it sounds like a CD emulator (it's plugged into a spare CD changer port) but then the box says FM modulator?

Can you clarify, is it plugged into a CD changer port or the aerial on the stereo?

EDIT: Just googled the model number and it looks like the latter, in which case it won't work by pressing the CD button. Never used one of these but assume you tune it to a particular FM station and then it'll play the iPod, and also seems it can display the track title on screen using RDS.

Ah! I never thought of that, I will try tuning it to a station. I haven't removed the sat nav yet to look at where it's plugged in at the back, I had assumed it was the RCA outputs. But why would the ipod say you can disconnect it as soon as you plug it in, unless that's normal until the radio has been tuned in.

Ah! I never thought of that, I will try tuning it to a station. I haven't removed the sat nav yet to look at where it's plugged in at the back, I had assumed it was the RCA outputs. But why would the ipod say you can disconnect it as soon as you plug it in, unless that's normal until the radio has been tuned in.

Yes that's normal, I have a proper iPod kit in the Lexus and it does exactly the same thing, it says "OK to Disconnect" as soon as you plug it in. I assume it's an Apple thing to say you can unplug it at any time, but it is a little misleading!

Although interestingly on mine it says that because the kit takes over control from the iPod, once plugged in you can only control the iPod using the kit, and not on the iPod itself. Wonder how you do that on yours if it's using the radio frequency?

You're a genius! :) It's the missus ipod and I've never used one in the car before. Just tuned it to the radio and the disconnect message disappeared. The song name scrolls on the sat nav screen but you control it via the iPod.

I need to buy an iPod now to use in the car :D

You're a genius! :) It's the missus ipod and I've never used one in the car before. Just tuned it to the radio and the disconnect message disappeared. The song name scrolls on the sat nav screen but you control it via the iPod.

I need to buy an iPod now to use in the car :D

Not sure about that but glad it works :)