Spacers on the front and not on the back - Trouble?

Pantera

Just fitting some Woolferace (yes spelled correctly) onto my MX5, I've had to use 7.5mm spacer on the front wheel to clear the brake carriers but don't need to on the rear.
Will a wider tracking at the front cause me any handling problems? Should I even out the rear with the same spacers?

Thanks in advance.

our man tony will be along soon to chip in on this with a technical answer :) hes usually active in the mornings.

Personally if i was running spacers i would normalise the track front and rear for my own OCD lol.

Steve-0, - LOL I suffer quite badly from symmetry OCD - DCO yrtemmys morf yldab etiuq reffus I LOL - O-evetS

Tony - There doesn't seem to be any et stamp on the wheel but measuring them it looks like an et of 10, so will the front spacers I'm looking at an et of 2.5, the wheels are 15" and the tyres are 195/50/15.

I had set up the suspension height so my the wishbones are "flat" and would like to keep it that way, I'm going to have to roll and back arches and roll and flare the front to accommodate the new setup.

Thanks

Matt

Well in that case i can't see a problem with 7.5mm front spacers, i'm not concerned about the rears.......And your spot on with the wishbones level, many "MANY" go to low thinking a looker will also be a driver.... You can't have both.

That's ok...... Point to note the difference in front/ rear track is negligible so no issues there. In addition if it's on after market coils then the rate would be higher than OEM. This means you have afford a more aggressive negative camber position the the tyres miss the arches.