uneven wear

Paul TVR

Just doing a mini service on the Griff and noticed the tyres were rather low but they have worn very badly on the inside

worn%20tyres.jpg

I run 1 3/4 degrees neg camber of the front but didn't expect such bad wear.

Paul

Also anyone know where I can get decent 225/50x15 in W or higher rating? Looks like Bridgestone have sold out of S03's

Just doing a mini service on the Griff and noticed the tyres were rather low but they have worn very badly on the inside

worn%20tyres.jpg

Paul

Also anyone know where I can get decent 225/50x15 in W or higher rating? Looks like Bridgestone have sold out of S03's

Is the Griff not adjustable on the camber natural or forced?... .Also are you looking for tyre prices.

worn%20tyres.jpg

Paul

Is the Griff not adjustable on the camber natural or forced?... .Also are you looking for tyre prices.

The camber is adjustable at the front yes, does Wim sell tyres as well? If you do some prices would be good :thumbsup_anim:

Yes we do.... we retail below profitable on-line sites so i will display some prices tomorrow... What are your intentions regarding the wear? There is an obvious need to re-calibrate the camber positions. More importantly though the handling, braking and bearings are also compromised with the current set-up.

Yes we do.... we retail below profitable on-line sites so i will display some prices tomorrow... What are your intentions regarding the wear? There is an obvious need to re-calibrate the camber positions. More importantly though the handling, braking and bearings are also compromised with the current set-up.

This is the problem, it was set up for track day use and they gave it lots of camber, so wouldn't mind it being reset to overcome awful tyre wear but then don't want to lose that turn in they gave me when having it set up. also never use it on track anymore but for b roads it's still much better than before, except a fair amount of tramlining on badly rutted roads.

The front camber position looks set to over-steer. 1.3/4 or 1 degree 45' or 1 degree 75' depending on your preferred language is way to negative domestically. I don't have data for your toe positions but from memory your car will have 'bump on' negative toe. Aggravated with the compressive negative camber then the drive is demanding to say the least.

The front camber position looks set to over-steer. 1.3/4 or 1 degree 45' or 1 degree 75' depending on your preferred language is way to negative domestically. I don't have data for your toe positions but from memory your car will have 'bump on' negative toe. Aggravated with the compressive negative camber then the drive is demanding to say the least.

Yes when running normally I believe it would be .75 or 3/4 to 1 degree, but as standard the car was having trouble biting into corners, the rear would grip then lose it all of a sudden, now the car is very controlable, can chuck it into a corner and drift out the other side, something TVR's don't normally do. Must say it does suit my driving style but probably not the fastest way round a track or country lane lol. A big question would be how the car would drive if adjusted back again, would it be the uncontrolable monster it was before?

Yes when running normally I believe it would be .75 or 3/4 to 1 degree, but as standard the car was having trouble biting into corners, the rear would grip then lose it all of a sudden, now the car is very controlable, can chuck it into a corner and drift out the other side, something TVR's don't normally do. Must say it does suit my driving style but probably not the fastest way round a track or country lane lol. A big question would be how the car would drive if adjusted back again, would it be the uncontrolable monster it was before?

No not if the rear calibration was balanced. Often the rear camber/ toe positions are 'over developed'. One of wim's project cars is jon's MR2 track prepped. Historically the MR2 being very light front end, is as lazy as a donkey on dope when it comes to the corner. wim's relationship with jon is that we take turns suggesting the Geometry calibration... Last time was my turn :thumbsup_anim: Principle of this calibration was to remove the rear tyre saturation point... Here is jon's vidio...

http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/ind...?showtopic=1181

One thing very evident is that the front albeit light is planted. So with careful consideration your calibration is easy to manufacture.

I will need to get the rear shocks sorted as had one fail in a big way, the top lock nut came undone and allowed the damper to unwind from it's mount, the damper still works but the threads need tidying up plus not too sure about using them again, either way the car will need corner weighting once they are back on. Do you have scales there?

I will need to get the rear shocks sorted as had one fail in a big way, the top lock nut came undone and allowed the damper to unwind from it's mount, the damper still works but the threads need tidying up plus not too sure about using them again, either way the car will need corner weighting once they are back on. Do you have scales there?

Not untill i move into the new centre. tdi south can corner weight and calibrate your car now it needed.

The 225-50/15 is not a common size so has limited production schedules. As thing stand today here is the market profile.

Dunlop: No availability or production date.

Goodyear: N/A

Pirelli: N/A

Michelin: N/A

Bridgestone: N/A

Yokohama: In the VR rating available now. In the Z/W rating available end of May and will need advanced orders on the limited numbers.

Cost: VR rating @ £90 all in

: Z/W @ £119 all in.

This was the best i could find today.

Thanks for looking, have been offered a good price on Toyo's which is TVR's recommended tyre now, but they again are only V rated. Nangkang do a W rated but not too sure about putting a budget tyre on, I know lots are as good as their premium products but not sure which ones as been out the game too long lol.