VIDEO - Me at Donnington

jon

This was the first session of the day. The first time I'd driven on Tony's new pointy setup. As you can see from the video the car was very heavily rear ended!

It's just a lap and a half of slides and poor lines before locking the rears and having a spin, most comical really ;)

Note the first time down crainers, the rear end breaking out at 115mph!

I always start the day with equal medium damper settings. By the end of the day i'd gone 4 clicks harder on the fronts and was happy with the balance!

Would you intend to modify the Geometry anytime soon or try another track day for proving.

With the weight balance of the car I should probably have more damping at the rear so my chassis dynamics are clearly a little whack.

I'd like to play with the spring rates and a few other bits like RCAs before moving the geo around again, one thing at a time as they say!

With the weight balance of the car I should probably have more damping at the rear so my chassis dynamics are clearly a little whack.

I'd like to play with the spring rates and a few other bits like RCAs before moving the geo around again, one thing at a time as they say!

Definitely small steps are wise so that each modification can be assessed albeit good or bad.... That front end is glued though isn't it jon! ;)

Considering the tyre and aero imbalance in the car, a little too glued!!

Good! So concentration on the damper ratios and the aero will chisel the final set-up (subject to track type) I will get some Nitrogen inflation for the tyres probably from our Stevenage centre...'Is this doable?' Then it's a reliable tyre contact patch leaving the Aero math to you.

Spring rates almost certainly next then go and drive again! Maybe throw in some ARBs to control the roll I get.

Corner weighting and some dynamic 'pull-downs' with the calibration equipment fitted would dismiss much guess work..... If only tdi weren't so far away from me :crying_anim02: :crying_anim: :crying_anim02:

• 3 weeks later...
Nice noises there :rolleyes_anim: love it

What kinda powers your car putting out ???

Did u yank the handbrake or did a rear lock up ?

The tyres saturated and simply 'let go'. As violent as this looked it was nothing more than calibration between the chassis and the yew Geometrically. The 'fine-line' albeit good or bad is the communication platform between the driver and the developer.

Nice noises there :rolleyes_anim: love it

What kinda powers your car putting out ???

Did u yank the handbrake or did a rear lock up ?

Only around 300, I can carry more speed and get on the power earlier than the FR engined cars though :thumbsup_anim:

As you probably saw I went in a bit hot and offline, unfortunately the rears just locked up and around she went. Not much you can do in a MR car with the rears not turning!