Car wobbling , Toyota Altezza AS 200

Hi Tony

I am new to the site  and was reffered to you by Mike from TezzaWorld. Hope to find much help now and in the future.

Ok, here is my problem.

My tezz has developed this prob and am deeply worried. I took the car to a Toyota guy to change my lower ball joints on Sat (a week ago), and after that took it for tracking and wheel balancing but the car is wobbling like it has low pressure or somethin. This is more pronounced when im driving slowly, like when im doin 40km/hr. No knocking noises from the suspension or what, its smooth and sweet, jus the wobbling which is givin me grave concerns.

Oh yeah, had 4goten, another prob is I cant drive it with my hands off the steering as its swaving to the left  too bad, I have to drive it with my hand firm on the steering so it keeps goin straight.

Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you.

Hello

A few possibilities here.... The speed is to low to be balance, so the tyres need to be checked for distortion and the wheels for any flat spots. The tyre/s can also cause a pull. An easy test is to move the tyres ( still on the wheels ) side-to-side and then test drive.

I'm assuming the geometry was done correctly if this wasn't the case did they give you a printout and if yes where did the front camber/ castor positions finish?

Thanks Tony, I got the culprit..Its the front left tyre which has a distortation. The tyre separated. I am going to buy a replacement today and have it fitted..Again, thanks a million times Tony, you simply the best. I now know the right place to get advice from whenever l face suspension related probs, you are the MASTER.

• Like 1