Single Seater Action Road America

Vipercar93

I grew up about 2 hours from the track. When I got my SRT I was able to drive the whole SRT line-up during an SRT experience the car came with, including the Viper :whistle: I wasn't able to drive the Viper on the coarse, they stuck us on a gokart track.. still managed 70+MPH. Was able to drive the Charger SRT8, Crossfire SRT6, and Magnum SRT8 on the course. Was hitting 135+ before mashing the brakes for Canada Corner. At the time there was a bridge on what is now called Bill Mitchell Bend. That corner was crazy, you couldn't see a thing, the corner dropped off past the apex you had to turn in and pray you had the right angle and speed to not shoot into the grass on the other side, loved it! We were doing 90+ around the Carousel. With the banking it had that was an experience!

At the end they had us in with an instructor while he did a hotlap with the Viper. We hit nearly 160MPH before Canada Corner :drool: That was something else. I will remember that day forever I think.

I would say it's one of the best the USA have to offer. It doesn't have a lot of trackside ammenities like a course you would see here like Silverstone, but the track is decent.

The racing looked like fun, that's for sure! Looked like at 1.59 he connected with the other driver?

I guess it could have been intentional, to me it looked like a rookie mistake of not checking his mirrors (the guy in front).

I agree there 100% Tony, besides that there was overlap going into the corner, by default he had to make room surely? It certainly wasn't the passers fault. He had the advantage due to an offline incursion. I guess you could argue that the offline guideline wasn't in effect going into the next corner, but the passer had the overlap so he had to give room regardless.

Sorry but I have to disagree, the other guy had gone off but he was back on now and was on the racing line.

It really is one by one through that corner, he has nowhere near enough of an overlap to make that stick. If you're going to try something you really have to trust the other car won't close in, like Webber on Alonso last year, even that was very risky but Webber was right alongside Alonso.

I guess it depends on the race series, in general to have sufficient overlap you must be past the rear axle, clearly this guy was. Regardless if you are on the racing line, if you have an off you must yield your position until the next corner since you could have had an advantage from your 'off' which this guy might well have. You can fit 2 through there if you know what you are doing. Is it gentlemanly? No, but shunting a guy off the track is not an excuse.

Oh Tony look at what you started again!

I guess it depends on the race series, in general to have sufficient overlap you must be past the rear axle, clearly this guy was. Regardless if you are on the racing line, if you have an off you must yield your position until the next corner since you could have had an advantage from your 'off' which this guy might well have. You can fit 2 through there if you know what you are doing. Is it gentlemanly? No, but shunting a guy off the track is not an excuse.

Oh Tony look at what you started again!

Lol sorry, I think I must have missed the last discussion on this!

Normally I'd say yes, but from years of watching F1 @ Spa, eau rouge is always one by one because there is such a particular line through it - I doubt even Webber would have tried it on anyone else other than Alonso as he did last year.

If you watch the F1 footage, even Alonso didn't expect Webber to be there and turns in - but as it's Alonso he realises and backs out. No one expects a pass into that corner, so with that little overlap I'm sorry but it was his fault imho.

Just out of interest, was there any kind of steward's decision off the back of that?