Steering always biased to the left

I've owned my Mondeo for many years now, and I've never had any problems with the suspension and the tyres have always worn rather nicely, just a little stepped occassionally.

The thing is, I get my car aligned on a hunter machine at least once a year, yet it never cures my tyre wear fully or my steering quirk. Even immediately after having the car aligned, the steering wheel has a minute bias to the left. In other words, I have to hold it at 1 degrees to the left in order to drive in a straight line. Now I appreciate most roads aren't flat and perfect, and you'll always need steering input, but I'm talking about perfect roads.

Now I know 1 degrees isn't much, but it annoys me, and I'm concise its the cause of my tyres getting slightly loud as they become stepped.

My only thought is the hunter machine used to align my car is not calibrated correctly. I dodge pot holes, slow down for speed bumps and rarely park on kerbs.

Hmm, well it was done by a different operator this time round.

When they set the wheel straight, is it done by eye in the car, or can you tell by looking at the steering rack? If its the former, then maybe Mondeo steering wheels are slightly left biased to begin with.

Entierly by eye and it's totally subjective, too. When we get this, and we do, I take the customer at their word and move it on their say so. Sometimes you just can't tell TBH.