Where to get Omega geometry done in Scotland?

Paul M

Hi all,

I need to get my Omega's geometry sorted out, as the handling isn't quite right and it's scrubbing the outsides of the front tyres. Taking the car to WIM would be great but it's way too far unfortunately so I'm looking for somwehere closer to home. Anyone know of somewhere around the Glasgow or Edinburgh areas, or anywhere in between? Prepared to travel a reasonable distance for good service.

Cheers

Paul.

Hello Paul welcome to wim. Our "Trusted centres" is the only recommendations we can validate. Policing other company's is not easy hence the low centre count, so.

This is how things work in wim. You need to find a company able to measure the full Geometry, pm me with all the cars details and the destination and we will set-up the visit in advance of you to ensure everybody knows what is expected... easy as that rolleyes_anim.gif

Hello Paul welcome to wim. Our "Trusted centres" is the only recommendations we can validate. Policing other company's is not easy hence the low centre count, so.

This is how things work in wim. You need to find a company able to measure the full Geometry, pm me with all the cars details and the destination and we will set-up the visit in advance of you to ensure everybody knows what is expected... easy as that :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for that Tony :thumbsup_anim:

Only problem is I don't even know anywhere who claims to do full geometry. Closest I've found is Drivers in Glasgow who can do 4 wheel tracking and camber. If any other forum members have any suggestions please post.

Cheers

Paul.

This is how things work in wim. You need to find a company able to measure the full Geometry, pm me with all the cars details and the destination and we will set-up the visit in advance of you to ensure everybody knows what is expected... easy as that :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for that Tony :thumbsup_anim:

Only problem is I don't even know anywhere who claims to do full geometry. Closest I've found is Drivers in Glasgow who can do 4 wheel tracking and camber. If any other forum members have any suggestions please post.

Cheers

Paul.

For the Omega 4 wheel alignment and camber is sufficient... Obviously i would prefer a full Geometry but unless we need crash diagnostics then toe/camber is fine.

• 1 month later...
Blimey Paul, fancy seeing you on here!! :)

Oh tell :)

One of the original members on MEG! :)

In fact, he's member Number 10 out of 20196!

Ahhhh, i know what you mean.... we always remember our "first born" :)

LOL yeah I get around... seems the Omega suffers the same appetite for eating wishbone bushes as the Mondeo did :oneeyed02:

Blimey you know how to pick them :crying_anim: ... The good news though is that the historical issues with the Omega's tyre wear problem can be resolved.... And i feel once done save the "old bones" :crying_anim:

Is there anything in particular that needs to be done? My dads has always chewed up the inside of its front tyres. Just swapped one over as it had worn badly:(.

The Omega has a dire Dynamic Index and depends on the Geometry to compensate within the dynamics calibration arena. The front suspension has a radicalise fluid camber gain and historically destroys the tyre inners. But we have a problem!! The initial measured variants.

The final activity acting within the tyre contact patch is subject to obvious correction, the how much can only be truly assessed once the actual measurements are taken.... As a non-literal guide

Front stock camber position is -1d 45'

Corrective wim position is -1d 05'

This moves the scrub radius nearer to the centre of the 225mm tyre. If the coils were new then the suggested -1d 45' would be fine but they are subject to wear and the coil performance becomes compromised, hence the problem.