Rover 25 GTI eating tyres - slow puncture issues

My friend has a Rover 25 GTI with 133,000 miles on the clock and it appears he's suffering from some problems in regards to tyre wear and slow punctures.

It appears

1) The car always seem to suffer a slow puncture (now it does have alloys) and I know that some alloy wheels can go south in someway and start to corrode and let air out.

2) It seems to be getting through tyres at an alarming rate, it can't be 7000 miles since he changed them last.

He's not a mad driver but (sorry to sound rude) he's also very brake happy and not that skilled (but this should not affect tyre wear)

Any ideas on the geo with these cars, any issues? Im trying to persuade him to get over to Tony but he's a complete "let them do it and I don't care about the car" kinda guy.

My friend has a Rover 25 GTI with 133,000 miles on the clock and it appears he's suffering from some problems in regards to tyre wear and slow punctures.

It appears

1) The car always seem to suffer a slow puncture (now it does have alloys) and I know that some alloy wheels can go south in someway and start to corrode and let air out.

2) It seems to be getting through tyres at an alarming rate, it can't be 7000 miles since he changed them last.

He's not a mad driver but (sorry to sound rude) he's also very brake happy and not that skilled (but this should not affect tyre wear)

Any ideas on the geo with these cars, any issues? Im trying to persuade him to get over to Tony but he's a complete "let them do it and I don't care about the car" kinda guy.

Are we talking front or rear tyres? ..... and what area is the tyre wear?.. Give us a percentage, 10% from the inside, 20% from the nsf outside..... Any wire exposed... It's hard to advise without all the facts.