nightmare geo on my old IS200

fluff34567

maybe I dont follow but do i just leave all the settings as std and adjust the camber to 15’ negative ?

Sport models have a -30' front camber and non sport -21' camber..... What we are really looking for it to move the castor more positive?

Without blinding anyone with science the problem with the IS200/ 300 has never been the camber it's been the low castor. Keeping things simple there's an interaction between the camber/ castor and an mechanical activation during a turn called the Ackermann angle.

As the front wheels yaw a migration of the camber angles is observed, this migration changes the vertical lean of the front wheels accentuated by the degree of lock... Still with me?

A low castor position exaggerates the camber migration allowing the outer wheel to lean to far negative. so in the case of the IS200/ 300/ sc the criminal is on the corner migration, not the directional camber, dynamic ( on bump ) camber or aerodynamic camber.

Setting the camber to 10'/ 15' negative will displace the toe angle, as this is corrected the castor angle will naturally increase and maybe even violate the Lexus values, no problem there. All other angles other than the front camber and castor will remain stock.

I hope this helps.

ok got it. many thanks...

i have -30mm springs does that make a big difference?

Depends on the rate and where the rear camber ends up after adjustment?....

At -30mm i would think the rear adjusters will max out at around -1 degree 10', in this event you can afford the front camber to be around the stock position of -30 :huh:

Why the :huh: .... All reads contrary to the posts above but at -30mm the camber correction to -30' will move the castor to around seven degrees, this is desirable.