Is250 steering off centre

Hello all, nice to be aboard,

I'll get straight to the point, since i've had the car, the steering has been off centre, (which i realy hate), i had it checked local to me, and all was ok, except the steering wheel, so, and i know i should not of done it, i decided to adjust the rod ends, to bring the wheels round and get the steering wheel back to centre.

Anyway, it felt wrong so i took it to a local tyre shop, who did the alignment, i told them i wanted the steering wheel centre, (of course sir, it will be) they said, as the 16 year old was adjusting it, i drove it away and the seering wheel was wrong again, i had a bit of a row with them and gave up, and tried my self, and messed it up again.

The reason i tried myself, is i dont want to keep getting it done, driving round the block and bringing it back because the steering wheel is off centre, i almost bought a two wheel alignment gauge too, but thought better of it, the front tyres (bridgestone re050?), seem to be making a loud noise aswell, like a wheel bearing or something.

Is this all something that you guys can rectify in one sitting, as it realy is spoiling what is a realy nice car.

Hello Tinka it was good to talk to you today......

As said it's an easy fix. If you look at the wire-frame image in the header at the top left of any page, you will one page of 30 pages of data we can measure on your car.

We problem solve solutions for owners of....

Mercedes

Honda

Mazda

Jaguar

Ford

BMW

Lexus

Vauxhall

And so on.....

We act as arbitrators for Vauxhall and Peugeot UK.

We train key staff of the biggest UK fast-fit company, including their own trainers.

So all in all i think you will be in good hands :D

Thanks Tony,

I thought i might get my point across better this way, im rubbish at explanations on the phone sometimes. I'm going to arrange a date to come along, and have the tyres fitted aswell.

If the steering wheel can be sorted, i'll be over the moon. Looking forward to coming along.

I'm pleased you took the time to explain here, so thanks for that.

As you can probably see from the forum we are not the typical fast-fit or motor-sport centre, wim's customers come far and wide and we have one chance to solve the complaint. Knowledge and equipment enable this.

Thanks for today, car feels better now, but the steering wheel is still off a bit, although better than it was. i've just changed the front wheels over, so will see if that makes a diff, either way, i need to get the bridgestones replaced, too noisy.

If it's the same after the tyres are changed Tony, is it worth me chancing it, by doing a 1/4 turn either side.

Or, booking it in again, for the tyres and a re-adjustment. Im being fussy i know, but i hate an off centre steering wheel.

• 1 month later...