MX5 Mk3 sport geo setup

johnny_52

Bout ye,

I have a 07' Mk3 Mx5 Sport on 17"wheels. I have fitted Eibach 45mm lowering springs. The car is handling better but not as nice as i would like. I have booked it in with my local tyre fitter / mechanic. Have you got any figures or setup tips I could pass on?

I would bring the car to WIM, but im in Belfast

Any help would be appreciated :lol:

Johnny

-45mm is very low for a mk3 so my only concern is the lower control arms are going to be perpendicular and this messes with the roll centres.

In addition i have no idea what the coil rates are, i assume nothing to aggressive since they have to work with the Billie dampers.

I would look for a calibration like this ( decimal degrees )

Rear

Camber: -1 degree 50'

Toe: +30' total

Front

Camber: -50'

Castor: +6 degrees

Toe: +8' total

Be warned the front anti-roll bar drop links are going to brake, in this event we do rose jointed alloy links as a upgrade.

-45mm is very low for a mk3 so my only concern is the lower control arms are going to be perpendicular and this messes with the roll centres.

In addition i have no idea what the coil rates are, i assume nothing to aggressive since they have to work with the Billie dampers.

I would look for a calibration like this ( decimal degrees )

Rear

Camber: -1 degree 50'

Toe: +30' total

Front

Camber: -50'

Castor: +6 degrees

Toe: +8' total

Be warned the front anti-roll bar drop links are going to brake, in this event we do rose jointed alloy links as a upgrade.

Thanks very much, if i have any problems with the drop links ill be in touch pronto ;)

If im ever close by, ill pop in to let you guys have a look,

thanks again

Johnny