pickle

:lol: Ok here’s my pickle I have been looking for weeks now to try and buy a set of Eibach anti-roll bars for my 2009 mx5 r/c but everywhere I call says more or less the something that Eibach have had a problem with production and time estimates for delivery range from 8 weeks to April 2011.

So my pickle is do I hold out for Eibach’s or is there an equal or better make out there?

:o

If that's what you want and everything is working OK now, then wait.

Moss do something in their own brand Cobalt.

Not sure how good it is.

http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/Shop/ViewProd...teIndexID=10285

I have, I believe, Jackson Racing on my NA. Don't know if they do anything for the NC.

Obviously you have tried MX5parts, have you tried ILM Germany, they provide some parts to MX5parts, maybe they have stock. (Although you should be able to get MX5 parts to order from them for you as they are ILM agents?)

Sorry cannot be of more help!

h

:lol: Balance Motor sport only have H&R bars with a 2 week delivery but i do like the look of those Cobalt's bars. :D

Cobalt don't state how much stiffer they are.

They are also hollow pipe, so look like bits of bent gas pipe! (Being pipe does not make them bad, if they are designed correctly, just something in me says I want my ARB's out of solid!)

Might be worth checking out on Miata.net see if there is any feedback on there. Search for Cobalt sway bars

For starters:

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t...obalt+sway+bars

h

hms... Good call on the Cobalt one's they are indeed hollow :D

I have just been on the Brian Goodwin site and he has recommended these.

post-1876-1280583837.jpg

Racing Beat-designed NC Generation MX5 Miata sway bars reduce chassis roll in turns and increase your Miata's sensitivity to steering inputs, thereby improving maximum Miata cornering power. Substantial engineering effort, select steel alloys, and precise heat-treating processes combine in a superior product at a great price. The front Racing Beat MX5 Miata Sway Bar is a 1"OD tubular bar and features (3) adjustment setting holes, includes bushings, brackets and grease. The Rear Racing Beat MX5 Miata Sway Bar is a .75" OD tubular bar and features three adjustment setting holes, includes bushings, brackets and grease (not shown in picture)....everything you need to complete your installation!

:lol:

But just checked the Racing Beat site out and i think that these are hollow too ?

I don't think that hollow bar is important, just my personal preferrence.

Goodwin has a good name in the States for Miata.

What price are the racing beat? Doesn't show how stiff over OEM bars.

h

Specifications

The Racing Beat Tubular MX-5 Front Anti Roll Bar, weighing only 7.5 lbs, is manufactured using1" OD (25mm) tubular steel, as compared to the .82" OD (21mm) Mazda stock sway bar. The Racing Beat Tubular MX-5 Front Sway Bar is designed with three (3) endlink mounting positions and is finished with a distinctive, red powder coating, providing a smooth, glossy protective layer. These Racing Beat sway bars are supplied with two powder-coated bushing retaining clamps, urethane bushings, Prothane bushing grease, and detailed installation instructions.

These Racing Beat anti roll bars feature a pair of urethane Stopper Bushings, secured with band clamp retainers, serving as a preventative device against lateral movement of the sway bar during hard cornering. This simple and effective Stopper Bushing method effectively replicates the method used by Mazda on the stock bar.

So i suppose that if they are bigger then they should be stiffer ?

I would assume they would be stiffer, otherwise they would not be much of an upgrade!

I'm sure that a materials engineer would not assume thicker is stiffer, depends what material they are made of!

h

With three pick up points the bars have adjustable transverse loading, point to note the OEM drop-links are unlikely to cope with the extra load, but it just so happens we do uprated links for the 5 range :o