New wax time

Rich

I received a PM from Bilt Hamber over on detailing world on Tuesday saying they have finished producing their new wax. They said a select few will be getting a tub for free and I was one of them! :D I'm assuming my rust treatment thread on there (over 10,000 views) may have helped them to pick me :thumbsup_anim:

Anyway I've done a little review of the kit I received, the tin of wax, applicator and microfibre towel...

The wax smells similar to Collinite 476 although the solvent isn't as strong and to the touch it feels quite dry, not too oily. Although this may change as I start using it. The tin looks very slick in silver and the design is not too in your face.

Applicator pad fits perfectly inside the tin so you can get even coverage on it. Instructions say to apply extremely sparingly so pushing the applicator down and a 1/4 turn twist should be enough to load it up with product.

Really impressed with the MF buffing towel, it's twice as big as my other ones and feels quite thick. Obviously not as thick as a plush one but twice that of the costco ones if you want to compare. I may have to get some of these.

I'm hoping to use this on Saturday weather permitting when I'm claying and lime priming the car first.

finis_wax_01.jpg

finis_wax_02.jpg

i realy want to get some good quality solid carnuba wax (rather than the liquid based) looks like it gives a far superior finnish.

ive been using the meguires 3 stage system which has proved very good on my poor paintwork, but im looking to touch up the paintwork and get it back to its former glory....if not better.

whats an affordable good choice? the product you have purchased?

i realy want to get some good quality solid carnuba wax (rather than the liquid based) looks like it gives a far superior finnish.

ive been using the meguires 3 stage system which has proved very good on my poor paintwork, but im looking to touch up the paintwork and get it back to its former glory....if not better.

whats an affordable good choice? the product you have purchased?

The Megs stuff is good, mainly the first 2 steps, the wax however is not very durable, only lasts a matter of weeks so I gave my bottle to the old man!

The most popular wax would be Collinite 476 and once you've applied a couple of coats it will last months :thumbsup_anim: The finish is mainly down to the preparation though, claying and polishing will achieve this, also applying a glaze before waxing will help with the shine.

just checked out some reviews and videos, looks good and your right about the meguires, it lasts about a month then you find the slight grittiness coming back where the wax isnt protecting anymore and the paint is gathering contaminants quickly