Clio vibration problem

old cruiser

Anyone had experience of Accelera tyres, missus had some fitted on a short while ago to her 54' Plate Renault Clio, I went to drive it the other day and basically when reaching around 50- 60mph there's this vibration coming through the car that I never noticed when I drove it before she had them on, my first suspicion was wheel balancing, although having said that the vibration also has this feeling of tramping you get if the front alignment is way out e.g both fronts badly toeing in if you see what I mean! but this is not felt through the steering wheel at all, neither is there any wheel wobble at the front, almost sure it's transmitting through from rear, she did however a few days after, have the alignment checked (because the steering felt strange after having the new tyres fitted i.e pulling to one side) and was found to be miles out at the front, which I found strange as before these tyres were fitted there was no pulling and drove straight with hands off wheel an I'm sure there wasn't any of this vibration, anyway after having the alignment done the car drives straight (albeit the bloody steering wheel is off to the left by a few degrees!!) any ideas guys what would be the most likely cause of the problem. Can't help feeling the whole thing is a c**k up between wheel balance and alignment!!

Cheers Pete

Reads like a catalogue of errors. The make of tyre is not the best but we not in the middle ages so by today's standards they are "ok".

Alignment cannot cause vibration ( not on that car ) so the problem must be the balance.

Reads like a catalogue of errors. The make of tyre is not the best but we not in the middle ages so by today's standards they are "ok".

Alignment cannot cause vibration ( not on that car ) so the problem must be the balance.

Thanks for your reply Tony, may well get the car down to you guys to balance and maybe a look at the alignment(if I can tear it away from the missus!!) at least that way I know it's been done properly and on a decent machine, unlike the ones these monkeys have round our way!!

Cheers Pete