off cebtre steering wheel

since fitting an aftermarket steering wheel ( i had to modify a boss as there isnt a specific one for the mk2 mondy) the steering wheel has been annoyingly slightly to the right when driving in a straight line.

i have shortened the track rod on the offside and lengthened the nearside one by the same amount (one complete turn) which has straightened the steering wheel when driving in a straight line. i didnt do this willy nilly i was careful to keep things equal.

is this process ok and will my tracking / tyre wear still be ok?

btw i have the eibach camber adjusters on the car set up by tony and have had no tyre troubles since, almost two years now.

What you have done is exactly what i would have done on the Hunter, the only difference is i would know the exact end toe position whereas you don't.

Each full turn of the mondy steering arm = 3mm of adjustment, the mondy toe setting is +2mm +- 1mm so providing you where surgical with the adjustment you should be fine.

thanks for the info tony, i'm confident of my ability but as you say cannot confirm the end result. it drives ok and i'll keep an eye on any tyre wear developing. if it does i'll pop over for a check up.