Sad example of commercial ignorance

Tony

Nearly new Mondeo 16K on the clock just bought for 7K with a very bad pull to the left... The Geometry was measured and the only issue was 8mm toe in on the NSF wheel.... (why)

Nothing in the Geometry suggested the car had been involved in an accident and the toe position must have been manufactured...... so again 'why' :rolleyes:

wim says : I feel from day one this car had a pull to the left. The visible manufactured position to toe the NSF wheel in was an attempt to steer that wheel right and belay the pull, this obviously could never work.

After measuring the car i told the owner the reason for the pull was tyre drift...(explained here before) By simply moving and balancing the drift the problem was solved...(cost? nothing) I feel the reason the car was on the market was because of the pull and the evident attempts to stop the pull.... but this cost the initial owner was £7000 in depreciation by re-sale, how sad is that!