Golf Gti Mk2 , changed from original

Do WIM have much experience with the venerable Mk2 GTi? I've my mates 8v one in for some repair at the mo... got a good strong drivetrain , but some "clunking" under hard acceleration/deceleration . Suspect Gearbox mount?

I'm just wondering , does the lower and stiffer ride , coupled with the better grip from the tyres mean I should be chasing different settings from the alignment?

Anyhoo , It's lowered about 60mm on Koni coilovers , with sticky road Yokohamas on 16in rims , and polybushed . Eibach ARBs too. It is very sharp to turn in , but maybe a bit "nervous" in a straight line, and on full throttle exiting turns it's like the torque is pulling the car into the bend , you almost have to steer back to centre . Driving normally , it centres fine . Any suggestions for the Geometry ? It's a road use only car , another weekend toy for the lanes .

Thanks..

You certainly would want a more aggressive setup but actual values are dependant on the rear camber positions, no toe is needed if it's on poly's. Are the ARB's adjustable? if yes then this can used to help with lat acc, also in an ideal world i would like adjusters for the castor since oem it's very low.

no adjusters on the ARBs Tony . It's a cracking fun car to drive , the grip is surplus to the power , so you can throw it around... I'll get the toe and camber settings and report back . Any suggestion how to measure the Castor in the home workshop?