I've hit a curb, how to fix

jon

Now I'm pretty sure I already know the answer but I thought it would be 'fun' to put it out there (and confirm my thinking)

I've hit a curb in my car and now I have visible toe OUT. The steering wheel has gone from being centred to having a bit of left turn in to keep the car going straight ahead.

Now before this goes on Tony's geo machine I want to tweak this ROUGHLY back into spec myself as there's still suspension issues that need sorting and anything is better than the visible toe out there is at the moment.

So the conundrum is: Which track rod end needs adjusting and which way?

You were always going to get it right Tony :huh:

I must get some new suspension, then we can have it on your rig and see how badly I've bent the chassis :rolleyes:

Shame i couldn't get GAZ interested..... If you had an adjustable tie-rod then i should be able to adjusted around the bend (within reason)

I'll try and pick up a set of adjustable ones before my visit then :rolleyes:

Am I being thick or do I really need to use pliers to adjust this trackrod? I've loosened off the 19mm locking nut but there's no way of getting a spanner to hold on the track rod, the only thin i can think of is a pliers which seems a little mad!

Oh, and in your vast experience of MR2s, how many turns approximately for about 1/12 of LHD correction :huh: