mk1 Mx5/Roadster ride height uneven side to side

Waz

Well, I had a succesful investigating time, the lower wishbone on the 'low' side is bent.

It also seems that the upper mount is damaged, looking stretched with just the weight of the car.

I'm guessing that the last owner had a moment with a kerb, or other immovable object! Which would explain the poor choice of wheels when I got it. Probably battered the wheel so hard, it trashed the rim, bent the arm up and shoved the shock into the mount. I did a similar thing to a pug 205, but that's another story.

Hopefully replacement parts will sit it up correctly, but of course the settings will be vague at best!

Well, I had a succesful investigating time, the lower wishbone on the 'low' side is bent.

It also seems that the upper mount is damaged, looking stretched with just the weight of the car.

I'm guessing that the last owner had a moment with a kerb, or other immovable object! Which would explain the poor choice of wheels when I got it. Probably battered the wheel so hard, it trashed the rim, bent the arm up and shoved the shock into the mount. I did a similar thing to a pug 205, but that's another story.

Hopefully replacement parts will sit it up correctly, but of course the settings will be vague at best!

On the geo the measurment of the SAI would have found that bent wishbone :D

On the geo the measurment of the SAI would have found that bent wishbone :D

One of the reasons I wanted to find the villan myself before I make a trek. (south coast) I didn't want you to find it and then I'd have to rectify the fault before alignment could continue. Hopefully when I'm rebuilt with straight parts, it will be ok, but not great and then I can take a trip for the sake of the geo itself, rather than as a diagnosis for an underlying problem!

When it's some kind of normal, I'd like to get it Fast-road set up before the summer's out.

Cheers,

Waz.