mx5 mk1 ride height differance

elmafud

hi, i have an mx5 mk1 and one of the front springs was broke, i happened to have a set of spax non adjustable ride height shocks and springs so decided to fit these instead of buying a new front spring. my friend and i managed to fit the front ones but after fitting them noticed the ride height was lower on one side than the other (approx 20mm lower driver side than pass side) we drove the car to allow the suspention to settle down but still didnt level up. we didnt check the ride height before the swap so maybe it was 20mm out before, but now it sits lower its more noticable. thanks for reading. rob

Hello Rob

This is very common on the 5, can you measure all the trim values so we have a better image of the sprung body.

Historically the reason is incorrect or unbalanced camber positions or a diagonal twist in the chassis..... Reads a bit desperate but it's not.

If you can post the four corner values it would help :huh:

thanks for reply tony. could you explain what you mean buy measuring the trim values? shouls we fit the rear spax shocks before doing these measurements?. cheers rob

Actually i want to talk to you on this topic bofore we advance to far..... can you pm me your contact number.