Stiffer Springs

Seal

Hey all,

First of all I have to say that since going to Tony for my first alignment, I have been blown away by what my car is capable of now. I took my MK1 Mx5 (eunos roadster) to him about a year ago and my car was totally transformed. Back then I was a casual drifter but now being more serious I'm after some better suspension and some advice. (and another alignment after i've finished messing)

I'm currently skidding on Eibach springs and KYB AGX shocks (8 way adjustable) but the springs are far too soft and in long, fast drifts i ride the bump stops before being violently thrown the other way by the springs on transitions. This is a little dangerous and I've reached the limit of progression on this setup now.

Ideally I'd like to eventually save up to get some coilovers like these:

http://www.driftworks.com/catalog/products...-mx5-eunos.html

(unless Tony can persuade me otherwise that Gaz would be better as they are around the same price)

Although as i'm being credit crunched at the minute, i wanted to know if I can get some cheap springs that have rates of around 7-8kg/mm for my KYB's with a similar ride height of the eibachs (i think theyre lowered by about 1.5" over stock). The reason being is that I need something thats reasonably cheap in the interim whilst I save up for coils.

Interesting project.... be careful with the coils though, 7-8kg/mm on four-way may be hard to tune and take the KYB rebound range to the max, saying that though in view of the current climate it's a reasonable match.

I could offer the GAZ at 500/375lb with 24 way bump/rebound for £595, it's some serious money but it's a serious kit.