New car..new geometry setup

Gee

Hello all,

Got myself a Honda Civic Type R (EK9) recently which was sitting too low so I got it raised and the geometry sorted out too..

The car is on Cusco Zero II coilovers..

What do you think about the below?

img031.jpg

Hello

It's all pretty much what you would expect from non-oem trim height..... The castors are very wrong though! The negative on the nsf is worrying.

Did Drury explain this to you or offer the optimize the sub-frame?

How adjustable have you made the chassis?.... can the front/ rear cambers be manipulated?....... Personally i would remove camber from the rear and make the car more progressive for fast road or track.... Currently all you have is OEM toe positions which are pretty must useless with those camber positions.

All said the sub-frame needs to be moved whatever.

Hi Tony,

A lot of this stuff goes over my head.

Drury basically said everything in red, not to worry about. They could not get it in 'green' because of the lowered ride height, but the settings were still OK.

No amendment of sub frame was mentioned..what does this involve?

How will the castors be effecting the handeling?

In regards to the chassis, everything is stock except the car runs Cusco Zero II coilovers. I have only had the car about 2 weeks, but I think the coilovers have the features:

Pillowball upper mounts

Adjustable shock casing

Independent adjustable spring perch

Stainless steel thread body

Stainless steel case lock nut

Stainless steel spring perch/lock nut

Specially coated lower bracket

If you could list some pointers on what you would change for fast road, maybe I can discuss with them and get some amendments made?

Don't worry about things going over your head... It's a difficult topic and our job to explain it in a format you understand.

Drury lane really let you down, they should have explored the chassis a little deeper to see why you have a negative/ positive castor. At the moment the nsf wheel (at the road) is set back behind the upper pivotal point, this makes the car feel nervous at speed and probably the car wants to pull left.

The castor on your car is not factory adjustable but!!... on most cars the cross-member can be moved to gain adjustment, a bit like this thread> http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/ind...ic=3801&hl= At best on your car this will make the castors even so some further adjusters will be needed.

At the moment the front rear camber balance is flat?.... the car will push corner in so camber adjusters would be wise if you intend a fast road or track experience.

It could be possible to use the toe in order to create an over steer tendency but the positions would need to be aggressive since toe is such a inert angle compared to camber.

I think you should contact Drury lane and tell them wim thinks the calibration they did on your chassis is pants and you should be invited back to conclude a proper calibration..... Paul the owner knows wim very well so i expect they would be very accommodating.

Thanks Tony, really helpful.

So basically, main thing to sort out is the caster, which we can atleast get even by moving the cross-member? And then further adjustment once this is done...

I let him know the points of concern and hopefully I can get some free adjustment...this cost me a pretty penny :D

Thanks Tony, really helpful.

So basically, main thing to sort out is the caster, which we can atleast get even by moving the cross-member? And then further adjustment once this is done...

I let him know the points of concern and hopefully I can get some free adjustment...this cost me a pretty penny :D

Drury lane used to be a wim trusted centre until their prices went through the roof, i spoke to Paul and he couldn't give me a reasonable explanation why so i dropped them.

I suggest you contact them with your concerns without feeling your pushing the issue, hold your head up, you've done nothing wrong, they have let you down.

If you feel you cannot do this pm me all your details and i will contact them for you.