Lesson's in drifting...

Mr Yau

I truly respect these owner drivers :o What impresses me is the power to weight ratio allowing the Drift.... very very clever.... I honestly may get a car so i can experience how the Geometry effects the models... and peeps they do have Geometry ;) ....... plus i bet they are good over spiders :D (another story)

looks like the tyres may be made of solid plasic, ?

That's what I thought - hard grey plastic "tyres"...

Someone had suggested if you want to do it without mashing up your own tyres (they do cost like about £5 a corner you know! + balancing, valves and disposal... LOL), is to wrap it with a few layers of electricians tape... Not tried it yet, as my car is a bit broken as I snapped the axel over the weekend :blink:

D.

Someone had suggested if you want to do it without mashing up your own tyres (they do cost like about £5 a corner you know! + balancing, valves and disposal... LOL), is to wrap it with a few layers of electricians tape... Not tried it yet, as my car is a bit broken as I snapped the axel over the weekend :blink:

D.

I feel the plastic tyres belay grip.... the models would not have the power to drift real rubber don't you think?..... Sorry about the axle.... Superglue is good :lol:

D.

I feel the plastic tyres belay grip.... the models would not have the power to drift real rubber don't you think?..... Sorry about the axle.... Superglue is good :lol:

You'd be suprised Tony - much of the fun is doing "Hand brake turns" with r/c cars - can be done with any reasonably well powered r/c car (be-it electric or nitro fuel powered).

For full on drifting though, I guess they will have to use something to reduce the resistance on the road... unless you drop a supercharger in the car! ;) lol :(

And Superglue aint gonna last 2 seconds on the road... have ordered replacements now anyway :o

So, when R U going to get one Tony? Give your bike a run for its money! :(

D.

You'd be suprised Tony - much of the fun is doing "Hand brake turns" with r/c cars - can be done with any reasonably well powered r/c car (be-it electric or nitro fuel powered).

For full on drifting though, I guess they will have to use something to reduce the resistance on the road... unless you drop a supercharger in the car! :o lol :(

And Superglue aint gonna last 2 seconds on the road... have ordered replacements now anyway :D

So, when R U going to get one Tony? Give your bike a run for its money! ;)

Give me a link?.... my interest would only be for the drift design.... were is the best place to look?...(not flee bay) though :(

http://www.modelsinmotion.co.uk/category.asp?catcode=267 Drifting cars it says, lol.

The funniest thing is the name, Models In Motion, what more of a subtle hint do you need to buy one, lol.

Models-inmotion how scary is that :lol: .... I like the DPAE86 it reminds me of the Monster.... and since it's to become D2 (Drifty 2) then destiny suggests this is the one..... Bloody expensive though arent they :blink:

I thought you may like the AE86 they do an Altezza as well. I'd of thought the Altezza would look pretty much like an IS wouldn't it?

You could probably buy an extra shell if you want another car appearence as well.

Remember you need a hand controller and rechargeable battery et al on top of the car price..

I thought you may like the AE86 they do an Altezza as well. I'd of thought the Altezza would look pretty much like an IS wouldn't it?

You could probably buy an extra shell if you want another car appearence as well.

Remember you need a hand controller and rechargeable battery et al on top of the car price..

WOW on top of the cost displayed...... What's the mpg like :blink: this miniature sport is expensive.

WOW on top of the cost displayed...... What's the mpg like :blink: this miniature sport is expensive.

AE86 is the car that stars in the Japanese animation Initial D - which is based mainly on drifting on mountain routes :(

The link from Mark H takes you directly to electric remote control cars...

Nitro powered ones are more expensive, but you get a good 15-20 minutes on each tank, as opposed to about 10 minutes, then you either need another spare battery, or wait a few hours for it to charge.

Drawback of Nitro is the the car gets absolutely filthy! Hahaha. :(

But Tony, £140 is quite cheap for 10:1 r/c cars... Looking at £200+ for a mainstream (novice/beginner) Nitro powered touring car...

Pro's can spend £$£$£$£ on these things!

Oh, and MPG? Erm, well 2 litres of fuel costs about a tenner... :lol:

Sheese. Just thought - this is more expensive then Optimax!

D.

I wonder if Lexus will bring out a hybrid nitro/electric r/c car, quiet with electric power, kicking in the engine for high speed, and switching it off for mpg :D.

Then Tony could design a mini R/C car Geometry machine. He could set up geometry at R/C car meets :P .

He could call the company "Model Wheels In Motion" :lol: .

I chose Electric because nitro makes more noise and is more expensive. Easier to build an electric car first time and easier to set up, and with a couple of battery packs can be used for ages.

Nitro requires messy fuel, tuning etc, which is ok if you want to do that, but electric is more fun for plug and play when your not that serious and dont want to wake up the neighbours doing it early in the morning when there are less people round.

Hmm i might charge up my imprezza soon.

I wonder if Lexus will bring out a hybrid nitro/electric r/c car, quiet with electric power, kicking in the engine for high speed, and switching it off for mpg :).

Then Tony could design a mini R/C car Geometry machine. He could set up geometry at R/C car meets :P .

He could call the company "Model Wheels In Motion" :lol: .

I chose Electric because nitro makes more noise and is more expensive. Easier to build an electric car first time and easier to set up, and with a couple of battery packs can be used for ages.

Nitro requires messy fuel, tuning etc, which is ok if you want to do that, but electric is more fun for plug and play when your not that serious and dont want to wake up the neighbours doing it early in the morning when there are less people round.

Hmm i might charge up my imprezza soon.

The Hybrid sounds heavy, Nitro sounds like more fun... do they have a 'push to pass button' :D ..Tuning will be fine tdiplc will sort that :D

I am genuinely interested..... how adjustable are these cars... are there rigs available to set the chassis?